Black Swan Pub

Hi Dave Robinson - Last contact I had with Zeke Fisher - he was living in Wigan - his telephone number was 01257 255596.

I was in the The Nocturnes and Who's Who?  Hope the above information helps you.

Eric Wells was in the bands for some of the time.

All the best,

Lew Weston

Can anyone remember a guy called Steve Walmsley from the "Merry England Bar"   ?

I'm looking to reflect back on old times i had with him (top lad) .

HI Paul,

Ime  guessing  this must be Mr Paul Gregory from way back when (my best mate). I cant believe it after so many decades have gone by. I did try to contact you some time ago via Facebook but nothing came of it.

I too am always thinking of the good times we had especially at  the "Merry England Bar" with all our good friends.

Obviously i dont know where you live these days but ime  still in Pitsmoor on the Firshill Estate not too far from where the original MoJo club was.

Wouldnt it be great if we could meet up sometime in the near future for a pint and a chat.

Ime on Facebook and also WhatsApp.

My mobile No is..07874  365516.

All the best Paul.

used to frequent the merrie england bar every friday and saturday 69/70 fantastic atmosphere in there but terrible beer sam smiths resident dj was ian gurney who i think was from birmingham sunday nights it was upstairs to the concert room saw all the top groups there including status quo 6 bob to get in lol but the best group by far was patto terry steeples had them booked every month on a sunday used to go in with mick rixon alan reed and keith waterhouse great crazy days 

19 hours ago, Ken brocklehurs said:

used to frequent the merrie england bar every friday and saturday 69/70 fantastic atmosphere in there but terrible beer sam smiths resident dj was ian gurney who i think was from birmingham sunday nights it was upstairs to the concert room saw all the top groups there including status quo 6 bob to get in lol but the best group by far was patto terry steeples had them booked every month on a sunday used to go in with mick rixon alan reed and keith waterhouse great crazy days 

Were Patto Timebox before or after that ? With Mike Patto who passed away at only 36.

Edited by St Petre
add

Used to call in odd times but most of time other side of town to finish in Montgomery but had some good nights but ale was crap.

4 hours ago, ukdobby said:

Used to call in odd times but most of time other side of town to finish in Montgomery but had some good nights but ale was crap.

Yes and when I went in most pubs where the ale was crap I'd switch to lager but the Black Swan couldn't even manage that !