Whats All The Cars Rushing About

On 04/08/2020 at 12:21, biotechpete said:

Couldn't agree more with this. I've lived in the area longer than 7 years and it's the worst I've ever known it. It's not just the ususal boy racers either. It's the school mums in their SUVs too.

Just read The Star article and I couldn’t agree more.

About 10.30 pm tonight 2 cars followed by a motorbike raced up Walkley Bank Road,and I mean raced.

I campaigned for speed bumps or cameras on this road,but we finished up with a speed indicator,which  doesn’t register any speed over 40mph because apparently it encourages some idiots to clock a fast time.

So it’s no deterrent at all,just a gentle reminder to those marginally exceeding 30 mph.

they put 20mph on lowedges road and around greenhill,but the main problem they cannot enforce any speed limits unless they are there,and with all thats going on and until police numbers increase it will never work

On 09/08/2020 at 23:27, Bojan said:

This is a huge concern in S2. 

I have been here for 4 years but I never experienced this until lockdown but it seems to have become a permanent feature.

Frightening speeds on all of the roads around here and so noisy, going on all through the night. Sounds like Brands Hatch. 

And I've also noticed a huge increase in the number of episodes of clearly stolen vehicles around me when I've been out with the dog. Nobody spends half an hour with their own car doing sprints up and down Harborough Avenue screaming the engine and I've seen that on 2 occasions in recent weeks, one a motorbike and the other an SUV which also will now have a screwed up gearbox judging by how much the occupant was crunching the gears when he was throwing it across the grass in doughnuts.

As a woman by myself with a dog that is scared of all loud noises and totally incapable of protecting anything, reporting these is rather risky, but when I've tried I've been left on hold for ridiculous lengths of time and then cut off.

Take the registration number of the vehicle and if you can a brief description of the offenders and report it to SCC and /or the police. Whinging about it on a public forum will not get it stopped. 🙄

On 17/08/2020 at 15:51, Tipstaff said:

Take the registration number of the vehicle and if you can a brief description of the offenders and report it to SCC and /or the police. Whinging about it on a public forum will not get it stopped. 🙄

Whats wrong with both reporting and whinging?  Also there is something called sharing information, or maybe in time of lockdown (as it still is for many) where there is limited contact with others, the opportunity to compare and discuss experiences, or possible responses with others. Just a few thoughts on different approaches to using a forum.

was traveling up bocking lane today doing the speed limit and a silly woman was close to my bumper then passed me shouting and beeping her horn and zoomed off in a old ford towards lowedges,where i live,its madness,but i dont make the speed limits i am only trying to keep within it approx as i am not perfect,anyone else had this problem?

Tailgating really gets my goat,I sometimes can see their eye colours they are that close!.If I have to brake in an emergency they have no chance of avoiding ploughing into the rear of my vehicle at all!.Also of late has anyone noticed the number of drivers shooting through the red traffic lights,never mind trying to beat the amber before it changes I mean when its actually on red,I always make double sure going across them even on green!.I always remember to drive defensively expect the driver in front to do something unexpected which for sure one time or another they will!.Also a good tip don,t get wound up no matter what some idiot does ,I know its hard but try,also watch out for taxi drivers,I am positive most of them have never took a driving test!.:thumbsup:

my driving instructor alway s said look at the wheels as you cannot always trust a indicater,but i know its hard to do 20mph on lowedges road ,but thats the law,i didnt make the law,but whether i agree about is no good,i must try to keep to the limit,they do huge speeds on that section of lowedges,pity its not policed ,but they are not fully manned yet,but thats another story.