Whats All The Cars Rushing About

At a time when the emergency services are stretched to breaking point the last thing anyone needs is to be involved in a road accident.

Carry on doing your bit by demonstrating considerate driving.

Over the last 2 years we have had the highest number of children killed or seriously injured on English roads behind Birmingham and Leeds.

my guess is it saves fuel and brakes and 😶 so on

5 police cars were racing around after  a stolen old bike on lowedges road,my step daughter was worried they would hit her car so stopped until they had gone past,seems a lot of cars for a old bike,but there could be more to it i expect,this was sat pm

11 minutes ago, bassett one said:

5 police cars were racing around after  a stolen old bike on lowedges road,my step daughter was worried they would hit her car so stopped until they had gone past,seems a lot of cars for a old bike,but there could be more to it i expect,this was sat pm

But if the police did nothing we'd get the same old moans about that.

There were two bikers having a coffee outside our local deli this morning, bragging that they'd each managed to achieve 140 mph on the Dronfield bypass the other evening.

this is the problem,we have the covid 19 problem,fewer cars on the road ,and people seem to think its okay to try to beat the sound barrier,we need more speed cameras ,they will help tackle this problem or does it work?

Dronfield bypass at night is normally empty, if a biker was doing 140 down there, on the straight part with no other road users then I'm not sure that would bother me, it is the idiots driving in 30mph areas at twice that speed that would

the other trouble is the police ect make the rules,BUT dont make sure they are kept,been out today more traffic,so they will have to slow down,i hope

but they are supposed to uphold the law,which they cannot do as they would need to treble there forces to stand a chance,same as parking they could make a fortune if they went round just lowedges early morning and booked every car parked were they shouldnt,ie to close or on a junction,never mind all the rest of the estates.

On 13/07/2020 at 14:39, Baron99 said:

Couldn't agree more with this. I've lived in the area longer than 7 years and it's the worst I've ever known it. It's not just the ususal boy racers either. It's the school mums in their SUVs too.

This is a huge concern in S2. 

I have been here for 4 years but I never experienced this until lockdown but it seems to have become a permanent feature.

Frightening speeds on all of the roads around here and so noisy, going on all through the night. Sounds like Brands Hatch.