Whats All The Cars Rushing About

but don't you also think,people make rules on speed limits that cannot be implemented?

On 06/07/2020 at 18:23, bassett one said:

locally like most places we have 20 signs,but they are useless as the police don't patrol them and many dual carriageways are just race tracks

People seem to think lowedges road is a racetrack and have little regard for other road users and pedestrians.

On 08/07/2020 at 14:03, bassett one said:

but don't you also think,people make rules on speed limits that cannot be implemented?

'People'?

You mean (a) Parliament and (b) SCC.

i agree with lowedges road,50/60/70 plus in a twenty mile zone,police not intrested and used as a race track shot cut to bradway,total disgrace and theres a infant/junior and toddler school.no crossing near to the school or terminus shops or beyond,as accident on a big scale will happen.fought with SCC,POLICE over this for years when i was on the local tara,with no answer,i am now retired from the tara,but it still continues.

lots of over 70 mph on the dronfield bypass,i went down there this after noon doing 65-70 mph and was being left standing by most other cars.

For the last few nights ,cars have been speeding around the streets at night to go into the asda car park at parson cross..

They are modified cars and they make a tremendous racket.

The cars always seem to come from the same direction of yew lane.

Someone is going to get seriously hurt or even killed crossing the road. As these are travelling at a fair speed

They then go into the asda and  and race to park in the top corner.

I don't know if the Management are aware of this?

If not i will be making them aware.

Surely the car park has cctv?

It needs speed humps like Morrisons at Hillsboro.

This is a common problem ,you know about it, the locals know about it, asda know about it, but the police either know about it or choose to ignore it ,either situation is a reflection of the times we live in.

Steep, narrow streets in my part of Hillsborough, cars parked both sides, but the idiots still hurtle down them.  Dykes Hall Road, and around Wynyard, Garry, Dorothy etcp.  When I learnt to drive I was taught to drive according to conditions, even 30mph isn't  mandatory, its maximum.  🙄

i agree ,but the police ect make the speed limits,which anyone can,but anyone can make rules ,its getting people to stick to them or catching them thats the problem,didnt seem to bad today though.

Delivery drivers from places on Ecclesall Road; parking wherever they like (including fully on the pavements (Dominos Pizza, Cemetery Road)), pulling out and turning across the road aggressively, then shooting off at high speed, either way up Ecclesall Road or up Broomgrove/Southgrove Roads.

And all to deliver a 12" pizza and some chips before it gets cold.

In a 5-door estate.

That's who it is rushing about round my way, anyhow..

Edited by AndrewC