Whats All The Cars Rushing About

noticed over the last few weeks ,we seem to have devoloped a terrible amount of racing drivers on Sheffield roads,i like to drive to the speed limit,like most folk,but all of a sudden everyone seems to want to break the sound barrier,is it due to less vehicles, either way the police need to clamp down in my opion,are they racing about in other areas?i live in s8.

It's society SR, I just wonder where we are going, very fearful for my Grandkids future !

Definitely noticed this too. People weaving in and out like lunatics!

I think since there's been less cars on the road the idiots think they're on a racetrack, I saw one doing about 70mph in a 30mph zone driving with one hand and holding his phone in front of him with the other.

there's definitely been racing in s6 - it was worse when lockdown was fully in flight.

so it seems that its all over Sheffield and beyond,dont you all think its time the police cracked down on these idiots,thought they liked pulling cars for offences or are they so busy with shootings ect,lets hope when we get  the 20,000 extra police (which only brings it up to the amount we had before cuts)that this and lots more is sorted asap

4 hours ago, bassett one said:

so it seems that its all over Sheffield and beyond,dont you all think its time the police cracked down on these idiots,thought they liked pulling cars for offences or are they so busy with shootings ect,lets hope when we get  the 20,000 extra police (which only brings it up to the amount we had before cuts)that this and lots more is sorted asap

Wait till the police are defunded.

It definitely worse at the height of lockdown but still a problem.  I’ve never really understood the appeal of driving too fast in residential areas.

locally like most places we have 20 signs,but they are useless as the police don't patrol them and many dual carriageways are just race tracks

I always assume that those gentlemen who drive at excessive speeds (particularly in residential areas and often in cars with over-loud exhausts) are  attempting in some way to compensate for shortcomings in a certain part of their anatomy.  Pathetic inadequates.

Boy racers overtaking from the bus lane at 40, 50 mph in crappy, loud sheds.

18 hours ago, bassett one said:

locally like most places we have 20 signs,but they are useless as the police don't patrol them and many dual carriageways are just race tracks

They are useless because people don't have any respect for others, nothing to do with police enforcement.

Like most aspects of life, people take zero responsibility for their actions.