Blades V Spurs.

I only saw the 2nd half so missed the VAR decision,but utd were by far the better side,seemed to have more time on the ball and passed it more clinically which gave the player on the ball options,where as spurs seemed to dither, overpassed it and played rite into utds hands,in one play spurs got to utds box there was a simple ball that put the player in,but he squared it? and it ended up out wide so they were back to where theyd started just on the other flank LOL.

Good nite for the red n white half tonite,looked a lot more assured,and puts em in good stead for the next game,play same way fellas and you wont go far wrong

Edited by staninoodle

The injuries to Fleck and Lundstram meant Chris Wilder had to freshen up the team by bringing in Osborn and Berge, who now seems to have settled in and is playing with more confidence and it's actually improved the team. Fleck's been poor since the restart but Wilder is very loyal to his regulars and would probably have played him if he wasn't injured. It's a shame Mousset can't last 90 minutes but as an impact sub he's become our secret weapon.

12 hours ago, barry-333 said:

I have said this several times on here the Blades need to keep the ball on the floor.  Tonight that was the difference for me

For me McGoldrick makes the difference, he's always available, holds the ball well and brings others into the game, never really understood the long ball game, as McBurnie battles well but rarely manages a flick on to a teammate, so ball is back with opponents ....

Good to watch last night !

Seems to have taken them 3 games to get back in the groove,sounded a good performance on the radio.

1 hour ago, peteh1 said:

For me McGoldrick makes the difference, he's always available, holds the ball well and brings others into the game, never really understood the long ball game, as McBurnie battles well but rarely manages a flick on to a teammate, so ball is back with opponents ....

Good to watch last night !

This  in bucketfulls. Didzy makes such a difference when he plays. Calm, relaxed, assured, confident in his ability. The other players look reassured  when he’s playing. 

Loses his sang-froid when an open net is gaping unfortunately. 

Berge on song last night. Norwood strangely quiet last night.

Mcboozy puts a shift in.

Be nice to see our two best players and Lunny back.

Something fishy going on with Jack OC.  I’m not convinced by the injury narrative

Bash player of the season for me

1 hour ago, *Wallace* said:

Seems to have taken them 3 games to get back in the groove,sounded a good performance on the radio.

Didzy makes a difference. I think the scheduling of the fixtures haven’t been kind to us. Three away games on the bounce. Five games in 19 days. Spurs had 11 days to prepare we had 4, now 4 days break before Burnley they’ve got 7  

Sander Berge by the way !!!!

Hes gone from Dean Hammond to prime Patrick Vieira in the space of 3 games . Work that one out.

Good game and we played well, really wanted the clean sheet but I'll forgive them that.

No O'Connell, Fleck and Lundstram was a bit scary, before kick off, but once we got into our stride we looked comfortable.   No Luke Freeman option either.  Hope the physio team are ready for the challenge of getting those four fit and ready (Lunny might take longer, with the dislocated shoulder). 

There is a fair bit of ground to make up, to get anywhere near Man Utd and Wolves, but knowing Chris Wilder, he'll have the lads ready for the final push.

It's been a great season (apart from the Corona Virus stuff, obviously). 

On 02/07/2020 at 20:18, Baron99 said:

Better Blades & for once, our turn to get the rub of the green with VAR. 

I can't believe they put a performance in like this against Spurs & yet were so dire against Villa. 

But still should have won at Villa, ball a foot over the line, for about 5 seconds at that. 

On 02/07/2020 at 20:18, Baron99 said:

Better Blades & for once, our turn to get the rub of the green with VAR. 

I can't believe they put a performance in like this against Spurs & yet were so dire against Villa. 

Because it took us a few games to find our rhythm  2nd half against arsenal it was coming back 

On 04/07/2020 at 07:18, ormester said:

Because it took us a few games to find our rhythm  2nd half against arsenal it was coming back 

Played well 2nd half