Swansea V Sheffield Wednesday

this is tricky,swansea desperate to stay in the promotion race at home v a team desperate for points,told decision will be made by fri re- points deduction,but this is papertalk,what do others think as this is winnable,but if the decision is bad ,that wont help.

Think were far better away from home,we always look a better side on our travels,top scorers now in away games in the division,just need the right blend for our home games and everyone will jump onboard,tricky trip Swans are a strong home side,with no little skill,pass and move at pace and score goals rite across the squad,tough ask to get a result down there,tougher with so many having left the club,hopefully wel have a few defenders fit,need a lift after the wba defeat.

Another toughie like the rest. Can't see us getting anything. Think we'll get dragged alot closer to the drop zone even without a point deduction. I darent even look how close we are now with hull winning

think its 9 points off the drop zone,but monk says hes happy with Wednesday nights performance,so lets hope we get a point at least.

1 hour ago, cmonkes said:

Wednesday are very much jekyll and Hyde... that's the problem. I had pretty much written them off as bottom half battlers, until I watched the game against Bristol. A game in which to be fair, I thought they looked an almost transformed team. Very composed in possession, very attacking minded and by far the better team.

I suppose it depends who turns up against Swansea...

That's been our problem for many seasons, just never find consistency other than maybe Carlos first season. Hopefully a couple of youth players can make the step up althoug I still can't understand letting borokuv go without giving him some game time with the lack of attacking options

9 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

That's been our problem for many seasons, just never find consistency other than maybe Carlos first season. Hopefully a couple of youth players can make the step up althoug I still can't understand letting borokuv go without giving him some game time with the lack of attacking options

I watched Borokuv  at  both U 18/19 and U23,s   and always put in a shift, scored a few goals  and was always a handful for defenders so it came as a surprise  to see him on the released list,especially as he had been called up for Bulgaria. Odd.

could be like the young hurst saga,we refuse to pay the going rate wage wise,or monk thinks he can get a better player for his wages.

38 minutes ago, bassett one said:

could be like the young hurst saga,we refuse to pay the going rate wage wise,or monk thinks he can get a better player for his wages.

From what the player said he didn't see it coming. I doubt it was down to wages, nothing was said about it and even if he was offered a 2 year deal I doubt it would of broke the bank.  Very strange in my eyes.

Playing well & De cruz should have scored last seconds of the 1st half...

Edited by owl.66

Hunt on Lee off .

Typical 1.0 down.😒

Edited by owl.66

another loss,we were best in 1st half though,but as they say goals change games and we struggle in that dept and have done all season really,but monk was happy with the game except us not being able to score in 1st half.