Jump to content
Fancy running a forum? Sheffield Forum is for sale! Learn more

Blades Statement - Prince Abdullah Now Owns All Property Assets.

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

All done, dusted and signed over as of today the 1st July 2020. Prince Abdullah now owns Bramall Lane, Shirecliffe, Crookes, the hotel and the enterprise centre.

 

I will be very interested to see now how Prince Abdullah steps forward with his urgent plans to improve the kop. He initially earmarked this summer as the first phase, in which he planned to remove to supporting pillows which have restricted views for years. Obviously we also have outline planning permission to increase the capacity of the stand as well, however I am unsure whether they have secured the land behind the stand back from McCabe. This would be somewhat of a stabling block as he has outline planning permission for student flats? But if we stick to the original kop plans, the  surely all will be well.

 

I don't see any mention of arrangements going forwards for the Olympic legacy park. This is obviously the home of our ladies set ups.... do we need a new home for them? Or are they staying?

 

With Copthorne being served noticed on the hotel, will they now move back in? Will HRH find other suitors......

 

Either way, a massive step in the right direction. With planning permission secured and Prince Abdullah whole heartedly commiting our future to our historic stadium, we know have the complete freedom to build and improve.

Edited by cmonkes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely you own all the land, I don't see why you'd own all the rest of it but not that part. In any case he hasn't bought from some random person, McCabe is a blade so I'm not sure why he'd want to stand in the way of progress for the club, I'm sure despite all that happened he'd want success for the club he supports and the hard work he put in over the years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Surely you own all the land, I don't see why you'd own all the rest of it but not that part. In any case he hasn't bought from some random person, McCabe is a blade so I'm not sure why he'd want to stand in the way of progress for the club, I'm sure despite all that happened he'd want success for the club he supports and the hard work he put in over the years

On réflection Mcabe’s tenure may have held us back. Forget the Bladey  bladeness of Mcabe he’s a hard headed businessman.

He’s also bitter and twisted since the Prince told him he’s not welcome back at the club.

Importantly he owns land between the back of the kop and Shoreham street, unless that’s recently changed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

On réflection Mcabe’s tenure may have held us back. Forget the Bladey  bladeness of Mcabe he’s a hard headed businessman.

He’s also bitter and twisted since the Prince told him he’s not welcome back at the club.

Importantly he owns land between the back of the kop and Shoreham street, unless that’s recently changed

I haven't seen anything saying otherwise mate, which is still concerning to me. The only way to counter this is for the club to object to any outline plans and stuff I would  imagine.

 

I suppose it all depends what the club have in mind development wise, however that land in my opinion is massively important in any potential Kop development.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cmonkes said:

I haven't seen anything saying otherwise mate, which is still concerning to me. The only way to counter this is for the club to object to any outline plans and stuff I would  imagine.

 

I suppose it all depends what the club have in mind development wise, however that land in my opinion is massively important in any potential Kop development.

Seems a strange one for it to not be the same plot as the kop but that is bad news for kop development if it's true and McCabe makes things difficult I would think adding capacity to the kop could prove difficult. Removing the posts might not be as difficult if you don't own the land though.

I know ideally the kop could do with extending but couldn't the extra capacity be gained from two of the other stands, don't know what their called.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/07/2020 at 13:39, NERVY-OWL said:

Surely you own all the land, I don't see why you'd own all the rest of it but not that part. In any case he hasn't bought from some random person, McCabe is a blade so I'm not sure why he'd want to stand in the way of progress for the club, I'm sure despite all that happened he'd want success for the club he supports and the hard work he put in over the years

Quite simple he's a business man and  I tell you this the best news rumours are a new state of the art training ground at Norton  maybe do like man city has done  built a stadium there  for the ladies 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are the Blades assets in Crookes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The  Derek Dooley sports and community centre st Weston view. 

Edited by shepcanon
Type

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why would anyone "improve" a sports stadium now we have moved into the era of pandemics?

Life has changed now and I believe there is only a slim chance that events with big crowds will happen again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, muddycoffee said:

why would anyone "improve" a sports stadium now we have moved into the era of pandemics?

Life has changed now and I believe there is only a slim chance that events with big crowds will happen again.

Maybe the time as come to share the same ground .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/07/2020 at 08:51, muddycoffee said:

why would anyone "improve" a sports stadium now we have moved into the era of pandemics?

Life has changed now and I believe there is only a slim chance that events with big crowds will happen again.

 

20 hours ago, Parkside said:

Maybe the time as come to share the same ground .

 

What planet are these two on? 😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moistened said:

 

What planet are these two on? 😂 

The planet of common sense .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.