Pubs Reopening This Weekend.

1 hour ago, Parkside said:

I passes our local pub around 7 PM last night and the outside was packed with drinkers showing no intention of standing or sitting safely (or otherwise ) apart . the scenes no different than any summer night in years past . Has the Governments recommendations gone to pot , will we see a further lock down due to this daft behaviour .

You can report incidences like this to the police and they have the power to ask some people to leave, or close the pub fully..

The rules say it's the pubs responsibility to make sure the customers are acting how they should, and are safe etc...

You would be very un popular in your area If you did, the landlord has a similar problem  he is probably looking at  if he will go bust , many pubs will go under this year .

Edited by Parkside

As those pubs that have reopened will have stock in, instead of pouring it away as they had to after the original lockdown, perhaps many of them will convert to selling their stock in plastic containers.  I'd be quite happy to walk to a local pub with my cash, and walk away a bit poorer but with a couple of plastic containers of fresh beer (hidden away of course in a handy Tesco's bag away from prying eyes!).

14 minutes ago, apelike said:

Looks like it may not last as pubs may need to close.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53621613

It's still going to be a while until we set foot in a pub anyway. 

Edited by Baron99

go out if you can, but dont go out if you cant, work if you can, from home maybe but if you cant dont, dont go to the pub unless theyre open, get your haircut because theyre open but then theyre closed

You can’t really blame pubs for being lackadaisical with the rules if punters are resisting them. Businesses have lost a lot of money and, if scientific opinion is to be believed, pubs may have to close again to facilitate schools fully reopening  it’s not surprising some are trying to make money whilst the sun shines 

4 hours ago, catmiss said:

You can’t really blame pubs for being lackadaisical with the rules if punters are resisting them. Businesses have lost a lot of money and, if scientific opinion is to be believed, pubs may have to close again to facilitate schools fully reopening  it’s not surprising some are trying to make money whilst the sun shines 

I've not been in many places, but those I have have been fairly good enforcing the rules and there seems to be a high rate of compliance and understanding.  Even the busier ones have felt at least as safe as everywhere else.