Pubs Reopening This Weekend.

Guest makapaka
1 minute ago, melthebell said:

im not, feel free to tell me who people are that commit acts of violence and what they drink then? its not a one way street, ive tried to state why i think lager is the catalyst for most violence but you dont agree, feel free to tell me why im wrong.

notice i say MOST, not all

The type of drink someone drinks does not make them more violent or loutish or anything else.

Alcohol makes people violent and loutish in some instances - i agree with that.

1 minute ago, makapaka said:

The type of drink someone drinks does not make them more violent or loutish or anything else.

Alcohol makes people violent and loutish in some instances - i agree with that.

Alcohol makes SOME people violent, personally not me, Lager is the drink that in my experience those that commit acts of violence have been drinking, again you look at violence in kebab shops after the pubs / clubs close thats generally NOT commited by "beer" drinkers, id also put age into the equation, in most cases younger people tend to commit acts of violence, and also tend to drink more lager than beer, whereas beer tends to be drank by older people (in most cases, not all)

Guest makapaka
2 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Alcohol makes SOME people violent, personally not me, Lager is the drink that in my experience those that commit acts of violence have been drinking, again you look at violence in kebab shops after the pubs / clubs close thats generally NOT commited by "beer" drinkers, id also put age into the equation, in most cases younger people tend to commit acts of violence, and also tend to drink more lager than beer, whereas beer tends to be drank by older people (in most cases, not all)

Yes some people are violent not all.

I’ll await your evidence as to what everyone who has committed violence on a night out has been drinking beforehand before bothering to debate  any further.

30 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I’ll await your evidence as to what everyone who has committed violence on a night out has been drinking beforehand before bothering to debate  any further.

Using your eyes works quite well, going on personal experience works quite well too

44 minutes ago, makapaka said:

592000 instances where said violent offender has been drinking, accounting for 47% of all violent crime in England and wales.

It doesn't say whether they were on Stella or not. If anyone could be bothered - and I can't- you could flick through some court reports And see which pubs were mentioned in reports of  violent crime. I'd wager most weren't craft beer establishments.

Guest makapaka
2 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

592000 instances where said violent offender has been drinking, accounting for 47% of all violent crime in England and wales.

It doesn't say whether they were on Stella or not. If anyone could be bothered - and I can't- you could flick through some court reports And see which pubs were mentioned in reports of  violent crime. I'd wager most weren't craft beer establishments

If you’re argument is some establishments get less grief than others no one is going to argue with that.

the stupid idea that someone who drinks lager is more inclined to be violent is nonsensical.

Guest makapaka
3 hours ago, melthebell said:

Using your eyes works quite well, going on personal experience works quite well too

What about people on coke - are they all lager drinkers or beer drinkers?

I really respect the landlords who have made the conscious decision that they will put the health of their staff and customers before profits and stay closed until they feel that the situation is safe enough for them to reopen.  I'm staying with my supermarket bought cans and bottles until then also.

Our sensationalist press campaign for pubs to reopen, then point to any excesses caused by over-indulgence.  Lets hear it for those who stay closed for now out of concern for their customers!

4 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

I really respect the landlords who have made the conscious decision that they will put the health of their staff and customers before profits and stay closed until they feel that the situation is safe enough for them to reopen.  I'm staying with my supermarket bought cans and bottles until then also.

Our sensationalist press campaign for pubs to reopen, then point to any excesses caused by over-indulgence.  Lets hear it for those who stay closed for now out of concern for their customers!

....all well and good until their staff don't have any job to go back to and their customers don't have a pub to sit in anymore because it's gone bust.

It's not quite that simple and at some point something has to give.

It reminds me of some opinionated caller I heard on the radio earlier today whom was angry that lock down had been lifted and suggested in his 'informed' view that the government should have waited at least a year before relaxing the rules on the assumption that some vaccine might be available.   Just how many businesses did they think would survive after being shut for 12-18 months on lockdown.  Just how much government monies (..or let's face it our money) did they think continually could be spent subsidising people's wages for 12-18 months.  Madness. 

I passes our local pub around 7 PM last night and the outside was packed with drinkers showing no intention of standing or sitting safely (or otherwise ) apart . the scenes no different than any summer night in years past . Has the Governments recommendations gone to pot , will we see a further lock down due to this daft behaviour .

Guest busdriver1

More than likely, and then the offenders will be complaining about government interference.