Pubs Reopening This Weekend.

26 minutes ago, rambler said:

Hi,,

Anyone  heard   when  local  pub  gigs are going  to  be allowed  ,, nothing seems  to  be mentioned really

It's supposedly the volume that's viewed as the problem.

Any entertainment is likely to force ordinary conversation to be louder, and therefore pass more droplets into the air.

Thanks  for  the reply

12 hours ago, Longy67 said:

Talking to a couple of people I know in bands and they aren't expecting to do any live gigs till 2021...

I think they’re right. The government aren’t giving away millions to the arts and live music venues and giving them the green light to open up in September. June 2021 earliest unless a vaccine is developed and distributed.

Guest makapaka
On 07/07/2020 at 12:30, alchresearch said:

That's my worry for micropubs.    They've been mainly lager-lout free because they don't sell Fosters or Stella.  But as pubs close, they might descend on them.

Yes because only louts drink lager and all respectable people drink real ale.

what tosh.

On 07/07/2020 at 12:30, alchresearch said:

That's my worry for micropubs.    They've been mainly lager-lout free because they don't sell Fosters or Stella.  But as pubs close, they might descend on them.

I think some of the micro pubs might also close due to falling socially distanced customer numbers in often very small premises.

2 hours ago, makapaka said:

Yes because only louts drink lager and all respectable people drink real ale.

what tosh.

When you look at what people drink and who commits acts of violence it's correct. The term lager lout is a term that's decades old, and it's not without basis. Lager is drank more than 3 to 1, the more of the population that drink lager rather than beer then the amount of violence commited by lager drinkers rises

Guest makapaka
3 hours ago, melthebell said:

When you look at what people drink and who commits acts of violence it's correct. The term lager lout is a term that's decades old, and it's not without basis. Lager is drank more than 3 to 1, the more of the population that drink lager rather than beer then the amount of violence commited by lager drinkers rises

It’s alcohol that does that - not lager. 

your analogy is like saying anyone who likes chips is likely to commit violence because say 90% of people like chips and therefore the majority of violence is caused by people who like chips. 

16 minutes ago, makapaka said:

It’s alcohol that does that - not lager. 

your analogy is like saying anyone who likes chips is likely to commit violence because say 90% of people like chips and therefore the majority of violence is caused by people who like chips. 

why is stella called wifebeater? Theres far more super strength lagers out there (like special brew) than there is beers, i also have been out with a lot of lager drinkers and i see violence commited by lager drinkers, by and large the local football fans i know drink lager too, and ive also seen violence commited by these.

Guest makapaka
48 minutes ago, melthebell said:

why is stella called wifebeater? Theres far more super strength lagers out there (like special brew) than there is beers, i also have been out with a lot of lager drinkers and i see violence commited by lager drinkers, by and large the local football fans i know drink lager too, and ive also seen violence commited by these.

Are you winding me up? 😀

5 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Are you winding me up? 😀

I think youre being obtuse for the sake of it,

Guest makapaka
Just now, melthebell said:

I think youre being obtuse for the sake of it,

😀You are winding me up then

2 minutes ago, makapaka said:

😀You are winding me up then

im not, feel free to tell me who people are that commit acts of violence and what they drink then? its not a one way street, ive tried to state why i think lager is the catalyst for most violence but you dont agree, feel free to tell me why im wrong.

notice i say MOST, not all

Edited by melthebell