Pubs Reopening This Weekend.

8 hours ago, casualbystander said:

i dont want to feel that i am in some sort of medical experiment, masks, visors screens etc if i am spending good money, the first place as i said was rammed with youngsters drinking inside and out shoulder to shoulder, not what we expected, the second was way over the top with restrictions on distance, service, toilets, sineage  etc again i am not spending in that restricted environment, the third had some restrictions but not enough to spoil the evening.

this virus may be with us for a long time but i cant see any hospitality business surviving if the severe  restrictions are enforced for long.

i think gov will see if any spikes in next few weeks and if not the restrictions in place now will be lifted and pubs and restaurants go back to normal almost.

Coronavirus vaccine found folks, it's called "spending good money". A quick belt of that, and no other protection needed.

DM me for details of where to send your money, I'll make sure it's well spent, and you can relax knowing that you're immune.

1 hour ago, Bargepole23 said:

Coronavirus vaccine found folks, it's called "spending good money". A quick belt of that, and no other protection needed.

DM me for details of where to send your money, I'll make sure it's well spent, and you can relax knowing that you're immune.

ha ha youre  one of those that thinks the virus is around every corner, do you wear a mask to bed lol

On 05/07/2020 at 10:52, tinfoilhat said:

Social distancing in pubs and restaurants won't officially change until next year if ever. You'll get some landlords who won't care and cram in as many as possible but I'd guess they'll get shut down.

need to target their customers too, as its them who don't care about social distancing. If their usual pubs shut, they may try and attend pubs with more sensible customers and ruin those places.

12 minutes ago, nightrider said:

need to target their customers too, as its them who don't care about social distancing. If their usual pubs shut, they may try and attend pubs with more sensible customers and ruin those places.

As the police have stated, you can't get drunk people to socially distance.  Parts of Spain have gone back into lockdown and now Melbourne has gone back into lockdown for 6 weeks. 

33 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

As the police have stated, you can't get drunk people to socially distance.  Parts of Spain have gone back into lockdown and now Melbourne has gone back into lockdown for 6 weeks. 

Yep. My point was many pubs do not have customers who get horrendously drunk, rather they go for a few pints. The drunken yobs from city centres may target these pubs next if their usual haunts shut down. Hence if we want to keep some pubs open we need a huge clampdown on drunkards.

1 hour ago, nightrider said:

Yep. My point was many pubs do not have customers who get horrendously drunk, rather they go for a few pints. The drunken yobs from city centres may target these pubs next if their usual haunts shut down. Hence if we want to keep some pubs open we need a huge clampdown on drunkards.

That's my worry for micropubs.    They've been mainly lager-lout free because they don't sell Fosters or Stella.  But as pubs close, they might descend on them.

5 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

That's my worry for micropubs.    They've been mainly lager-lout free because they don't sell Fosters or Stella.  But as pubs close, they might descend on them.

This crisis has brought to the fore that we have quite a big problem with public drunkenness, along with associated violence, in this country. Perhaps it will be a catalyst to finally confront the problem and change!

18 minutes ago, nightrider said:

This crisis has brought to the fore that we have quite a big problem with public drunkenness, along with associated violence, in this country. Perhaps it will be a catalyst to finally confront the problem and change!

Never in a million years.

My experience of drinking out last Saturday was very positive, we didn't go far, just to my local Wetherspoons and a couple of independent places. Wetherspoons was by far the best for following all the new guidelines, we were greeted at the door and invited in, a quick fill of a card leaving contact details, then shown to a table, which were all spaced out well with some perspex screens

Prices had gone up a little,  but that was expected, ordered our first drinks at the bar,  but used the app after, can honestly say it was an enjoyable experience,  much like drinking out abroad, and it was good to see all the friendly staff back, a couple of them saying they were glad to be back after sat at home twiddling their thumbs for weeks, I'm lucky enough not to have been furloughed like them, I would have gone mental.

All in all a good night, not too busy due to restrictions, but definitely going again..

Hi,,

Anyone  heard   when  local  pub  gigs are going  to  be allowed  ,, nothing seems  to  be mentioned really

27 minutes ago, rambler said:

Hi,,

Anyone  heard   when  local  pub  gigs are going  to  be allowed  ,, nothing seems  to  be mentioned really

Talking to a couple of people I know in bands and they aren't expecting to do any live gigs till 2021...