Pubs Reopening This Weekend.

Those that currently run the Railway Hotel on Bramall Lane are packing in trading. 

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/popular-pub-adored-sheffield-united-18528018

Someone else will just buy this place eventually when the time is right?  

7 hours ago, makapaka said:

Exactly - if you go in the pub there is 2200/1 chance there’ll be someone who has this virus in there.

they’ll also have to not know they’ve got it and not be at home being ill.

but if you stay 1m away or so you massively reduce this risk of getting it from them anyway.

if your 2m away it’s probably impossible.

that person - if they’re there - will then have to touch something you touch after getting their spit on their finger but if you’re don’t start chewing your finger nails every time you touch a door handle - at the exact point they’ve touched it you’ll be ok. Then after you’ve washed your hands properly you also reduce the risk to the point where you’ve washed that virus off your hand and it’s not there.

come on people.

use your brain - you’ll be alright.

It can be passed on as airborne particles, so the simple fact that you're sat 1m away from someone chatting to you without a face covering on, means you can catch it.  Try putting your arm out as far as you can, palm face your mouth & then speaking, you'll feel a waft from your own breath. 

Following from NHS website; "Respiratory droplets carrying infectious pathogens can transmit infection when they travel directly from the respiratory tract of an infectious individual to susceptible mucosal surfaces of a recipient, generally over short distances. This can be in the form of sneezing, coughing or speaking."

Just running through the internet & have come across a phone in on LBC.  

A guy on there talking about his local in London.  Firstly you have to book a slot.  Then it's a minimum spend of £40 & you've only got a maximum time of 2 hours. 

Call me a bit cynical, I  can understand that pubs & bars have lost money in the past few months but it does seem like some  are now trying to claw as much money in before a possible new spike & new lockdowns? 

8 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

A guy on there talking about his local in London.  Firstly you have to book a slot.  Then it's a minimum spend of £40 & you've only got a maximum time of 2 hours. 

Call me a bit cynical, I  can understand that pubs & bars have lost money in the past few months but it does seem like some  are now trying to claw as much money in before a possible new spike & new lockdowns? 

Don't worry, half of them will be closed down by Christmas.

Of the ones that open I reckon only those with big outside spaces will make money. The rest might - might break even.  Once we get into autumn the pubs with outside spaces will struggle. 

The upside is that there are 120 vaccine trials going on world wide.

13 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Or that's the level they need to make it economically worthwhile to open.

Bear in mind they are a business, who's aim is to generate profits, and not a public service.

31 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Does he serve food as well?

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

So, 4 pints then.

Thankfully things are better "oop north".

Guest makapaka
6 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Those that currently run the Railway Hotel on Bramall Lane are packing in trading. 

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/popular-pub-adored-sheffield-united-18528018

Someone else will just buy this place eventually when the time is right?  

It can be passed on as airborne particles, so the simple fact that you're sat 1m away from someone chatting to you without a face covering on, means you can catch it.  Try putting your arm out as far as you can, palm face your mouth & then speaking, you'll feel a waft from your own breath. 

Following from NHS website; "Respiratory droplets carrying infectious pathogens can transmit infection when they travel directly from the respiratory tract of an infectious individual to susceptible mucosal surfaces of a recipient, generally over short distances. This can be in the form of sneezing, coughing or speaking."

Exactly which is why I said massively reduced risk and not impossible. 

7 hours ago, Baron99 said:

It can be passed on as airborne particles, so the simple fact that you're sat 1m away from someone chatting to you without a face covering on, means you can catch it. 

But that's only from someone who has already got it. I would have thought in that situation the person would not want to go out drinking in a pub and be at home anyway.

14 hours ago, makapaka said:

Exactly - if you go in the pub there is 2200/1 chance there’ll be someone who has this virus in there.

they’ll also have to not know they’ve got it and not be at home being ill.

but if you stay 1m away or so you massively reduce this risk of getting it from them anyway.

if your 2m away it’s probably impossible.

that person - if they’re there - will then have to touch something you touch after getting their spit on their finger but if you’re don’t start chewing your finger nails every time you touch a door handle - at the exact point they’ve touched it you’ll be ok. Then after you’ve washed your hands properly you also reduce the risk to the point where you’ve washed that virus off your hand and it’s not there.

come on people.

use your brain - you’ll be alright.

This is the chance that each individual has the virus. If there are 100 people in there the chance that there is at least 1 person with the virus becomes 22/1 (you probably wont be anywhere near to most of them). I agree with the remainder of your post unless he/she is coughing, sneezing or shouting ( I've seen plenty out and about and shopping).

Pubs opening at 6am.  It's not so much the virus that will be a danger, compared to the drink-fuelled violence that will undoubtedly ensue in some areas.

52 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I get that but the likelihood as you say if you’re going to only near a very small number of those people - if indeed your in a venue that can get 100 people in with social distancing measures.

im mindful of this relaxation don’t get me wrong - but I’m definitely not against it - we’ve got to keep moving forwards and if we do have to take a step back and reassess if pubs can stay open then so be it. 

Gotta try and make it work though. 

One thing I definitely agree with is that allowing a pub to open on a Saturday was a stupid idea.

Monday would have been far more sensible for all kinds of reasons not just related to coronavirus. 

Said Monday was the better day from the off, also said lockdown was too late and also said mask were a safer bet when out and about,  all common sense, but still people disagree,  they must have been Kamakazi pilots in a previous life.  :huh: