Pubs Reopening This Weekend.

27 minutes ago, saywhatnow said:

If pubs are doing it right they'll be sanitising tables each time they are vacated and regularly sanitising the bar and hand rails. 

In my previous post I probably should have started the second paragraph with the word A or One, hand sanitising won't prevent airborne particles from coughs and sneezes etc, hopefully everyone will continue to follow the tissue / inside of elbow advice. Which I suppose is no different to being in other public places at the moment. 

It's what we're planning, as somebody vacates we sanitise the table, and chairs, and we also have hand sanitizer stations

As pointed out today by a doctor on tv, not only can you catch the virus from airborne particles but also from, (hope you're not having your tea?), urinary & faecal particles. 

Those hands are going to need a good scrub when you've been to the toilet, (most gents toilets in Sheffield pubs seem to lack hot water, soap & a dryer /  paper towels under normal conditions, so it's to be hoped they've upped their game?) & presumably the toilet, sink, etc will also need to be wiped down as well? 

I wonder if the landlords expect the punters to do this? 

Edited by Baron99

1 hour ago, casualbystander said:

everyone is assuming there will be some contaminated surface, this is very  unlikely, the figures say one in 2000 people have the virus and that was back in april, it is likely to be much lower now and the ones going out anyway are likely to be in low risk groups???

Currently 1 in 2200.

Which is quite small, I agree.

For all of those worrying about the toilets, there are simple steps to take. Go in on your own and don’t stand near anyone. If you are sitting, be careful with your hands. Wash well, with soap. Then sanitise once your hands are dry.

5 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Currently 1 in 2200.

For all of those worrying about the toilets, there are simple steps to take. Go in on your own and don’t stand near anyone. If you are sitting, be careful with your hands. Wash well, with soap. Then sanitise once your hands are dry.

We're also planning 1 in the men's, and 2 in the ladies at a time

5 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Ok good points made but your gonna be in and out of the bogs every five minuets washing your hands I would have thought,  :hihi:   joking aside,   I do agree with you,  only my thoughts on this ,  but would you say  putting surgical gloves  on outside before you enter and for the duration of being in the pub be a good idea,   either way following safety, be it wearing  gloves or washing hands  is still the route I would take.  

Not sure how ballroom dancing and social distancing are compatible.....😁

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Disposable menus!

I've been in so many places where the menu has been a petri dish of disgustingness.  Even places that, whilst not "posh," you'd expect not to get sticky fingers when choosing your main.  Yuck.

22 hours ago, enntee said:

Can you name one?

I think that it is not an option and many that I know are opening are setting up variations of systems that only allow one-at-a-time.

Only repeating what was mentioned on the radio.

Guest makapaka
5 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Currently 1 in 2200.

Exactly - if you go in the pub there is 2200/1 chance there’ll be someone who has this virus in there.

they’ll also have to not know they’ve got it and not be at home being ill.

but if you stay 1m away or so you massively reduce this risk of getting it from them anyway.

if your 2m away it’s probably impossible.

that person - if they’re there - will then have to touch something you touch after getting their spit on their finger but if you’re don’t start chewing your finger nails every time you touch a door handle - at the exact point they’ve touched it you’ll be ok. Then after you’ve washed your hands properly you also reduce the risk to the point where you’ve washed that virus off your hand and it’s not there.

come on people.

use your brain - you’ll be alright.

Edited by makapaka

34 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Exactly - if you go in the pub there is 2200/1 chance there’ll be someone who has this virus in there.

they’ll also have to not know they’ve got it and not be at home being ill.

but if you stay 1m away or so you massively reduce this risk of getting it from them anyway.

if your 2m away it’s probably impossible.

that person - if they’re there - will then have to touch something you touch after getting their spit on their finger but if you’re don’t start chewing your finger nails every time you touch a door handle - at the exact point they’ve touched it you’ll be ok. Then after you’ve washed your hands properly you also reduce the risk to the point where you’ve washed that virus off your hand and it’s not there.

come on people.

use your brain - you’ll be alright.

Washing your hands doesn’t wash the virus off. It destroys the protein envelope and renders it harmless. 

An important distinction which emphasises the importance of washing with soap, not just water.

3 hours ago, Arnold_Lane said:

Disposable menus!

I've been in so many places where the menu has been a petri dish of disgustingness.  Even places that, whilst not "posh," you'd expect not to get sticky fingers when choosing your main.  Yuck.

The pandemic has the potential to really improve the pub experience. Replacing the bar scrum with an app and table service will be excellent.  Clean menus and unequivocal food ordering are also positive steps. 

Who knows, maybe we will be able to catch up  culturally with our counterparts on the continent, despite Brexit.

Guest makapaka
5 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Washing your hands doesn’t wash the virus off. It destroys the protein envelope and renders it harmless. 

An important distinction which emphasises the importance of washing with soap, not just water.

Yes - I did say wash your hands properly.  

Just now, Pettytom said:

The pandemic has the potential to really improve the pub experience. Replacing the bar scrum with an app and table service will be excellent.  Clean menus and unequivocal food ordering are also positive steps. 

Who knows, maybe we will be able to catch up  culturally with our counterparts on the continent, despite Brexit.

For me it will reduce it but I understand some people like a different experience.

im a bit of a barfly but get that might have to change.