Pubs Reopening This Weekend.

3 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Distancing is as we know is going to be a big threat in pubs ect but not heard much about just as big or bigger threat of transmission,  touch,  ie, door handles,glass wear, tables and chairs, at some point we all touch these almost immediately after someone else,  :gag:

A few pubs are using disposable, single use plastic glasses.  Not very environmentally friendly.

Edited by alchresearch

Guest makapaka
1 minute ago, alchresearch said:

A few pubs are using disposable, single use plastic glasses.  Not very environmentally friendly.

Good idea in the short term thoug. 

19 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Good idea in the short term thoug. 

Is it though? Somebody still has to pick it up presumably, unless the punter has to bin it. If an employee has to pick it up, they might as well wash it.

The huge uptake in disposable plastics is going to be a big problem down the line.

1 hour ago, makapaka said:

it’s not just as big or a bigger threat of transmission. 

its a lesser threat of transmission and It can be managed if you Keep washing your hands and don’t keep putting your hands on your face. 

Ok good points made but your gonna be in and out of the bogs every five minuets washing your hands I would have thought,  :hihi:   joking aside,   I do agree with you,  only my thoughts on this ,  but would you say  putting surgical gloves  on outside before you enter and for the duration of being in the pub be a good idea,   either way following safety, be it wearing  gloves or washing hands  is still the route I would take.  

4 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Distancing is as we know is going to be a big threat in pubs ect but not heard much about just as big or bigger threat of transmission,  touch,  ie, door handles,glass wear, tables and chairs, at some point we all touch these almost immediately after someone else,  :gag:

don't touch your face, only way to be safe. Thoroughly disinfect your hands when you get home too.

Might not be easy for many after they have had a few though.

I know it’s almost impossible, but can we try to keep this as a separate topic from the main Coronavirus thread please? 

If you want to discuss symptoms etc please do so on the main thread.

Thank you.

Edited by nikki-red

35 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

I know it’s almost impossible, but can we try to keep this as a separate topic from the main Coronavirus thread please? 

If you want to discuss symptoms etc please do so on the main thread.

Thank you.

Can I say thank you for not merging this into the main coronavirus thread.

It is really useful to have these separate discussions of important topics

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

Is it though? Somebody still has to pick it up presumably, unless the punter has to bin it. If an employee has to pick it up, they might as well wash it.

The huge uptake in disposable plastics is going to be a big problem down the line.

Not only plastic cups problem. Having shopping deliveries and everything in carrybags. Must have at least 15 a week. Not long ago no bags. They won't take them back.

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

Ok good points made but your gonna be in and out of the bogs every five minuets washing your hands I would have thought,  :hihi:   joking aside,   I do agree with you,  only my thoughts on this ,  but would you say  putting surgical gloves  on outside before you enter and for the duration of being in the pub be a good idea,   either way following safety, be it wearing  gloves or washing hands  is still the route I would take.  

I think the best option is to have hand sanitiser, and I'd still suggest using it if you had gloves on. If you touch something contaminated with the virus it could then contaminate your glove or bare hand. If gloves encourage you not to touch your face that might help you. 

Problem with going to the pub is that hands might touch a contimanted surface and then that hand touches the glass that you put your mouth to. 

27 minutes ago, saywhatnow said:

I think the best option is to have hand sanitiser, and I'd still suggest using it if you had gloves on. If you touch something contaminated with the virus it could then contaminate your glove or bare hand. If gloves encourage you not to touch your face that might help you. 

Problem with going to the pub is that hands might touch a contimanted surface and then that hand touches the glass that you put your mouth to. 

Cheers, all good commonsense,   apart from when I shave I dont touch my face much to be quite honest,  on saying that it doesn't  take a lot of touching to catch this dreaded thing,  when I go in my local I will carry in my jacket pocket  a couple of  small tablet type containers filled with sanitiser so I can frequently apply it,  I will suggest this to my mates before we meet up in the pub and hope  this idea spreads rather than the Virus. 

14 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Cheers, all good commonsense,   apart from when I shave I dont touch my face much to be quite honest,  on saying that it doesn't  take a lot of touching to catch this dreaded thing,  when I go in my local I will carry in my jacket pocket  a couple of  small tablet type containers filled with sanitiser so I can frequently apply it,  I will suggest this to my mates before we meet up in the pub and hope  this idea spreads rather than the Virus. 

If pubs are doing it right they'll be sanitising tables each time they are vacated and regularly sanitising the bar and hand rails. 

In my previous post I probably should have started the second paragraph with the word A or One, hand sanitising won't prevent airborne particles from coughs and sneezes etc, hopefully everyone will continue to follow the tissue / inside of elbow advice. Which I suppose is no different to being in other public places at the moment. 

everyone is assuming there will be some contaminated surface, this is very  unlikely, the figures say one in 2000 people have the virus and that was back in april, it is likely to be much lower now and the ones going out anyway are likely to be in low risk groups???