Pubs Reopening This Weekend.

Apparently a letter went out last Friday from NHS England to all Chief Operating Officers, advising them to plan capacity for "New Year's Eve" levels of activity when pubs open on July 4th.

Can't see the actual pubs are going to be the issue as they will all have number caps & reduced capacity, unless some punters are going to go mad, get hammered & need A&E? 

Possibly NHS might see numbers attending due to more being out on the streets & therefore an increase in anti-social behaviour resulting in assaults or injuries? 

'Super Saturday', (God that's annoying), drinkers told to drink responsibly. 

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-super-saturday-revellers-told-they-must-drink-responsibly-as-pubs-reopen-12018719

Said it before, those venturing out expecting a massive jolly will have more 'crawl' & not much 'pub'. 

Well the Hillsborough Hotel won't be opening up,it's closing down and being turned in flats or apartments.

Many of the pubs that are opening are not opening their toilets because of the 1 metre rule.

You can only hope that they bother to point this out before you enter!

I've been hosting a virtual quiz night on a Saturday for the last 10 weeks or so, possibly 20 people on the quiz. Last Saturday I asked whether I should do one next Saturday as the pubs were re-opening and I got an emphatic yes. No-one on the quiz last week was planning on going to the pub any time soon.

12 hours ago, speleo1 said:

Well the Hillsborough Hotel won't be opening up,it's closing down and being turned in flats or apartments.

That's a shame, I've enjoyed some good nights in there and some nice Sunday lunches.

12 hours ago, RiffRaff said:

Many of the pubs that are opening are not opening their toilets because of the 1 metre rule.

You can only hope that they bother to point this out before you enter!

I am pretty sure it is illegal, to operate a pub without toilets.

Guest makapaka
13 hours ago, speleo1 said:

That’s a shame I like that pub.

Distancing is as we know is going to be a big threat in pubs ect but not heard much about just as big or bigger threat of transmission,  touch,  ie, door handles,glass wear, tables and chairs, at some point we all touch these almost immediately after someone else,  :gag:

On 30/06/2020 at 13:52, Baron99 said:

Listening to Toby Foster this morning on Radio Sheffield.  He'd been checking out what pubs are up to & spotted one in Barnsley where they want you to pre-book a table, cost £20 of which you'll get £15 back to spend on your drinks.  When you book, they also want a screen shot of your payment details emaied to them, along with the personal details of those in your group.  Then you've got to download their ordering app.  Finally, you've got a maximum of 2 hours to enjoy your new drinking experience. 

In which time your credit card will have been maxed out and your group will all have had Burglar Bill around at theirs removing that new  Smart TV off the wall. LOL.

Keep safe.

Guest makapaka
2 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Distancing is as we know is going to be a big threat in pubs ect but not heard much about just as big or bigger threat of transmission,  touch,  ie, door handles,glass wear, tables and chairs, at some point we all touch these almost immediately after someone else,  :gag:

it’s not just as big or a bigger threat of transmission. 

its a lesser threat of transmission and It can be managed if you Keep washing your hands and don’t keep putting your hands on your face. 

The two things which would encourage me to start going to pubs again are:

The ban on loud music, as you get older your hearing does too and having a conversation over a background of loud music is difficult.

The rule which one of our local pubs has stated is that children under a certain age should remain seated and it will be the responsibility of the adults to ensure they do. That, plus the children should vacate by 9.30 pm. Any infringement will mean the whole group will be told to leave. No more treating a pub as a playground, we hope.

However, until things have settled down and people have accepted the "new normal" I think I'll give pubs a miss.