Online Yoga. Has Anyone Tried It?

Hi

Has anyone tried online yoga classes?

I teach them and wondered how people feel about doing things online.  Do you prefer it (no one watching you,  in your own home,  no travel) or do you not get along with it?

Zoe

Www.life-yoga.co.uk

Lessons via Zoom Mondays,  Wednesdays and Fridays at 10am and Wednesday evenings at 7.30pm + Somatic movement on Fridays at 11.30am 

My wife does this, and throroughly enjoys it. She also does an online Tai Chi, loves them both.

I teach online but also learn online too.  I'm doing lessons on Saturdays with someone that last 90 minutes and it zips by.  I quite like it.  I think a lot of us teachers like not rushing everywhere!  

2 hours ago, LifeYoga said:

I teach online but also learn online too.  I'm doing lessons on Saturdays with someone that last 90 minutes and it zips by.  I quite like it.  I think a lot of us teachers like not rushing everywhere!  

I think it’s been a good thing for people to learn during self isolation. It has a calming effect and is much better than drinking too much alcohol. I also find Mindfulness very helpful.

My class that I visited on a Wednesday is currently online. I do enjoy the fact I don't have to travel to it and then back home after. I think yoga works well from home as you are connected to listening to your teacher and there are no external distractions that you'd have in a shared class in a studio/ hall. I have tryed gym classes and don't enjoy them so much from home. Yoga from home remotely no problem i'd carry on even when normal classes can start again. 

I wonder if this is how we'll stay?? I might go back to teaching a mix of online and in person if people stay with me. 

6 hours ago, LifeYoga said:

I wonder if this is how we'll stay?? I might go back to teaching a mix of online and in person if people stay with me. 

I think that's a good idea. Some people might like the social aspect of going and making small talk with the other class members.  After a day at work I just want to  switch off and let someone lead my movements, breathing and calm my brain. I'm not really interested in the small talk bit that's just my personal take on yoga classes 🙂

I'm starting teaching again.  I've had a small break. It gave me time to think.  I'm adding in another evening class as I'm guessing people are slowly heading back to work. I'm also adding in a Dynamic yoga class as there may be parents free now kids are returning to school.  Who knows how this will go.  I'm excited to see new faces. Thanks for the chat. 

Zoe

Www.life-yoga.co.uk