Bame Managers Getting A Chance

News today that BAME are to get coaching opportunities within football due to lack of chances.

Sky sports news has an interview with ex blade Keith Curle, who imho, gives one of the best and most sensible interviews on the subject, no feeling sorry for himself etc, credit to him I say

Fair enough but, as I'm sure I heard right yesterday, that the football authorities are going to guarantee a quota of BAME applicants for each vacancy, is it going to be a level playing field with all applicants having at least the relevant coaching badges? 

I seem to recall that when Paul Ince became manager of Blackburn Rovers in 2008, even though the FA had brought in a ruling a few years earlier that those managing in the Premiership HAD to have the relevant coaching badges, this criteria was waived for Ince at the time he was appointed?   Maybe that's why he was sacked after 16 games. 

Supporters want to know that the bloke in charge is actually capable & qualified first and foremost to do the job. 

Edited by Baron99

4 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Fair enough but, as I'm sure I heard right yesterday, that the football authorities are going to guarantee a quota of BAME applicants for each vacancy, is it going to be a level playing field with all applicants having at least the relevant coaching badges? 

I seem to recall that when Paul Ince became manager of Blackburn Rovers in 2008, even though the FA had brought in a ruling a few years earlier that those managing in the Premiership HAD to have the relevant coaching badges, this criteria was waived for Ince at the time he was appointed?   Maybe that's why he was sacked after 16 games. 

Supporters want to know that the bloke in charge is actually capable & qualified first and foremost to do the job. 

But equally, there are according to some, plenty of BAME candidates with all the badges but aren't even getting a reply. Time for blind CVs?