My Business Idea.

Hi, my names is Conor and I am currently in the process of forming a start-up business called “Corque”.

I am currently a registered mental health nurse in the NHS, something which I do with passion and pride, however my other passions include fitness and nature. I have recently spent 14 days in self-isolation due to the current pandemic and during this time I have decided to create an initial product that combines both fitness and nature.
 I am in the process of developing sustainable, reusable and recyclable scoops that are included as part of a supplement purchase or sold individually. The aim of this product is to eliminate single use plastics from the sports nutrition market, not only in the UK but globally. The scoops are also vegan and I believe will be appealable to a wider group of customers. The scoops will come in various sizes to suit your needs, this is a product I am extremely excited about!

I have been in contact with “myprotein” one of the worlds leading protein suppliers who have stated they are willing to look at some CAD drawings and look forward to hearing more.

What are people’s thoughts on this? Any input is welcomed, aswell as business advice.
Edited by Conor C

If it's kinder to the environment than existing systems then please go for it.  

Great idea.  I assume your design also would be applicable in other areas/industries?

I would advise you to patent the idea (this can take time) if at all possible.

Anything that can get rid of single use plastics should be welcomed by everyone.

You can already get biodegradable cutlery so make sure someone hasn't already made a scoop. The existing cutlery is made from wood, corn starch or bamboo fibres. 

Before you share your idea with anyone (& I mean ANYONE) get them to sign an NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement). This , in theory, stops anyone nicking your idea. You can find free NDA's on the internet.

Temporary kitchens for the authorities and forces use vast amounts of single use cutlery so it would be a great way of cutting down the non re-usable waste.

Look how many people are already doing them. I have had small wooden scoops come with bath crystals over twenty years ago. A quick Google search brings all these wooden scoops and spoons up.

https://www.google.com/search?q=wooden+scoops+wholesale&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB807GB807&oq=wooden+scoop&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j0l7.6362j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8