Sheffield Wednesday V Westbrom

Played well up to the penalty, not really sure what it was given for but Odubajo has a poor record for conceding them, WBA were good second half and got their tactics spot on, no major complaints against a side who'll be in the Prem next season.

Yet another home fail for Wednesday,one of the poorest seasons at home since Gray was in charge,but at least he nicked 1-0 wins.

We were the better side for the first half,despite losing both Borner & Lees, Odobajo stepped in and looked good,as usual we failed to cash in on the superiority and went in a goal down due to Odobajo shirt pulling in his own area which was correctly punished,although Reach had gifted them a free kick just outside the area for a likewise stupid foul.

We took off Rhodes and played Da Cruz,another wideman at half time,but we fell further behind when a cross eluded Odobajo and was deflected in off a post,despite a great effort from Harris striking the post and comming out,West Brom made the most of an inexperience backline containing just one out and out CB and scored a flattering 3rd,all in all I thought wed merited a point on the night,bit of luck could have been all 3,but with a makeshift backline against a side with proven quality across the park and on the bench it was always a tall order if you didnt get off to a flyer and put them on the backfoot,Bannan and Luongo had little influence as we went mostly down the sides,wickham continues to improve,but its a huge worry to have 3 CBs and not one of them a recognised CB,or two that have rarely if ever played CB before.

Its a worry that we have big holes in the squad with quality players having left now,no doubt others will follow,both wingbacks being attackers is a huge flaw defensively,although credit to both lads,theyve worked their nads off defensively in the games,but arent natural defenders so dont do that job instincitvely

our manager moaning in the star we were tired as west  brom had a few hours more to recover,we lost to a better side who brought on 4 international players in the second half,no excuses we need a new manager ,and some good hungry players ,do what wolves did it works,contracts are 12 month loans,until you prove your skills and commitment,that idea works and could be cheaper than the way we have tried in the past,but football is skill ,but needs a bit of luck and that ship past 20 plus years ago.

but lets get to the end of this season and move on upwards next season with a new team rebuild,then we see if monk is good enough,i think not,but hope he proves me wrong,get the loanees looked at now.

It was always going to be an uphill task with a makeshift defence and having to play adobajo. Got what I was expecting anyway, we'll see how many points we can pick up but Barnsley again picking up a win aswell as Huddersfield. Still not confident we have enough to stay up

52 minutes ago, bassett one said:

our manager moaning in the star we were tired as west  brom had a few hours more to recover,we lost to a better side who brought on 4 international players in the second half,no excuses we need a new manager ,and some good hungry players ,do what wolves did it works,contracts are 12 month loans,until you prove your skills and commitment,that idea works and could be cheaper than the way we have tried in the past,but football is skill ,but needs a bit of luck and that ship past 20 plus years ago.

but lets get to the end of this season and move on upwards next season with a new team rebuild,then we see if monk is good enough,i think not,but hope he proves me wrong,get the loanees looked at now.

Two days are a few hours? :huh:

You are only allowed so many loan players at once, and can only name so many in any match day squad - loans are not the answer and often work out very expensive.