The Christmas Logo Competition is back. See thread in Sheffield Discussions for details ×

Blades V Arsenal - Fa Cup Quarter Final

It's a shame that lockdown has taken a great deal of sparkle away from what in my opinion, is the finest cup competition in the world.

Arsenal will no doubt be very much up for this, to make up for a very poor season. With European qualification hope (via the league) very much dwindling at the moment (like ourselves), this competition offers a second chance as such.

We continue our season with nothing to lose really. Our main aim being to cement ourselves in the top flight for another season and anything else is a bonus.

I get man when teams don't take the FA Cup seriously personally, therefore I expect us to go for it good an proper!

Squad

Hendo

Egan, balham, robinson

Stevens,  baldock

Fleck, Norwood, lundstram

Mcgoldrick, mcburnie.

Bench: Sharp, l.freeman, jags, k.freeman, moose, Osborne, Moore, zivkovic, Bergen.

Blades can't score !!!

One chance 0-0 after extra time, then win on pens.

forecast- 0-2.

Blades just did score 😂😂 deep corner, nodded back across goal and lundstram nodded it in.

Only problem being, he was offside!

We've started well though. Asking plenty of questions, just need to be wary of that very pacey counter attack.

5 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

Blades just did score 😂😂 deep corner, nodded back across goal and lundstram nodded it in.

Only problem being, he was offside!

We've started well though. Asking plenty of questions, just need to be wary of that very pacey counter attack.

Listening on RS.. Keith Edwards said ridiculous decision.

16 minutes ago, Padders said:

Listening on RS.. Keith Edwards said ridiculous decision.

He was clearly offside.

Soft penalty, the slow motion replay looked like a land mine had gone off under his feet, the way his legs shot up in the air...........

There’s something wrong with the Arsenal footballers boots, the players can’t stay on their feet. They seem to falling down with no apparent physical  contact.

That's that then.

2 hours ago, nikki-red said:

He was clearly offside.

Yes.  The only ridiculous aspect was KEs' comment.

Watched second half.  Blades reminiscent of Wimbledon in the 80s.  Long balls, set pieces, feed off scraps.  Trouble is, that's one goal in four games.

Posted (edited)

On Radio Sheffield, sounded as though they played a bit better than in the previous 3 league games.  Still seem to be lacking a bit of urgency though.  Edwards' mentioned in his commentary a 16 pass move starting with Henderson throwing the ball out & ending with a pass back to Henderson, where he was under pressure & the ball had to be put out by him for a throw in.  Just about sums up our performances since the season restart. 

Try again next season.  At least I've got a  cup ticket refund to look forward to. 

Edited by Baron99