Old Sit Coms and Game Shows

16 minutes ago, Mr Fisk said:

Even if any attemps are made to bring back/revive and old game show- it was the presenters that MADE the shows better.

Today there are no quality presenters, they lack that charisma, interaction and genuineness.

Bruce Forsyth, Bob Monkhouse, Larry Grayson and even more recent, Barrymore- just to name a few.

Larry Grayson caused complete chaos, hilarious , lucky he had  Isla St Clair on hand,  :hihi: Jim Bowen made Bullseye more funny by the amount of  Clangers he used to drop, :hihi:  Crackerjack went down hill after leslie Crowther and Peter Glaze.  These days the Game show host have the personalities of wet lettuices. :roll:

6 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Larry Grayson caused complete chaos, hilarious , lucky he had  Isla St Clair on hand,  :hihi: Jim Bowen made Bullseye more funny by the amount of  Clangers he used to drop, :hihi:  Crackerjack went down hill after leslie Crowther and Peter Glaze.  These days the Game show host have the personalities of wet lettuices. :roll:

Quite like Jeremy Clarkson on millionaire.

Those older than me (and the old comics themselves) say that the making of them were the old variety clubs (no longer with us of course).

On the point of good Presenters, they need to be funny themselves and very quick witted.  I think it would need someone like Lee Mack to bring that type of program back.  It you could get him to do them as well as Would I Lie to You etc that he's really good on.

Yes, I could see him running a re-booted Generation Game, or Blankety Blank or Golden Shot.  Or even a new program of that genre.  As he's a very talented all-rounder (he not only stars in the sitcom Not Going Out, he also created it and is one of the main writers), he may even invent his own.

Sadly, can't think of any others who could .. can anybody else?

1 hour ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Those older than me (and the old comics themselves) say that the making of them were the old variety clubs (no longer with us of course).

On the point of good Presenters, they need to be funny themselves and very quick witted.  I think it would need someone like Lee Mack to bring that type of program back.  It you could get him to do them as well as Would I Lie to You etc that he's really good on.

Yes, I could see him running a re-booted Generation Game, or Blankety Blank or Golden Shot.  Or even a new program of that genre.  As he's a very talented all-rounder (he not only stars in the sitcom Not Going Out, he also created it and is one of the main writers), he may even invent his own.

Sadly, can't think of any others who could .. can anybody 

Lee Mack is as funny as toothache, how he gets all his work is a mystery to me,  must be well in

Lee Mac, Clarkeson, Norton, ect make a living today because the likes of Morcambe and Wise , Norman Wisdom  and other oldies previously mentioned aren't here anymore,  or is it the standard of comedy today just isn't funny.  I personally think todays Comedy IS Rubbish, crude, crass, vulgar.  Oops! I just summed up Kieth Lemon.  :roll:

Edited by PRESLEY

11 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Lee Mac, Clarkeson, Norton, ect make a living today because the likes of Morcambe and Wise , Norman Wisdom  and other oldies previously mentioned aren't here anymore,  or is it the standard of comedy today just isn't funny.  I personally think todays Comedy IS Rubbish, crude, crass, vulgar.  Oops! I just summed up Kieth Lemon.  :roll:

I agree.

Today the comics are just not good enough and think using vulgar and just being rude, is a talent!

Peter Kay is the only person I would watch and he would be good if presented a show.

I agree Lee Mack is very quick-witted on programmes like WILTY, and the original "Not Going Out" series - with the American landlady - was OK as well. The last (couple?) of series weren't so hot - I think they should've called a halt when the pair got married.

It was because of WILTY and NGO that I watched a recording of one of his stand-up shows, and it was like watching a different comedian - foul-mouthed, not particularly funny, and frankly boring after a few minutes.

5 hours ago, Mr Fisk said:

I agree.

Today the comics are just not good enough and think using vulgar and just being rude, is a talent!

Peter Kay is the only person I would watch and he would be good if presented a show.

He would make  a brilliant gameshow host, down to earth,  funny and could interact well with the contesrants ,  a new version of the  Generation game would suit him.

5 hours ago, RiffRaff said:

I agree Lee Mack is very quick-witted on programmes like WILTY, and the original "Not Going Out" series - with the American landlady - was OK as well. The last (couple?) of series weren't so hot - I think they should've called a halt when the pair got married.

It was because of WILTY and NGO that I watched a recording of one of his stand-up shows, and it was like watching a different comedian - foul-mouthed, not particularly funny, and frankly boring after a few minutes.

“Not going out” seems very apt these days. !!

Surely these days if you're looking for a natural game show host, good with people, quick witted, can sing, can act... Bradley Walsh. 

Natural succesor to Bruce Forsyth.

6 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Surely these days if you're looking for a natural game show host, good with people, quick witted, can sing, can act... Bradley Walsh. 

Natural succesor to Bruce Forsyth.

I watched him "acting" in an episode of Dr. Who.  I've seen more fluid movement and better vocals from darleks

16 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

I watched him "acting" in an episode of Dr. Who.  I've seen more fluid movement and better vocals from darleks

He was much better in 'Law & Order'.