Old Sit Coms and Game Shows

Someone slammed me for saying the old sit coms and game shows were better than the new stuff these days and told me to get over them,  if they were not up to much why are they remaking them all, slowly but surely,  ie, Porridge, Open all hours and all these Alan Carr is doing.  Its all a good effort and glad to see em  but you cant beat the originals. :roll:

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

Someone slammed me for saying the old sit coms and game shows were better than the new stuff these days and told me to get over them,  if they were not up to much why are they remaking them all, slowly but surely,  ie, Porridge, Open all hours and all these Alan Carr is doing.  Its all a good effort and glad to see em  but you cant beat the originals. :roll:

Spend most of my time watching the old tele programmes on freeview, and love em.

Allo Allo, last of the summer wine, Faulty Towers, Corrie from 25yrs ago ETC.. The humour is brilliant, not forgetting Sunday Night At The London Palladium. must be an age thing.

9 minutes ago, Padders said:

Spend most of my time watching the old tele programmes on freeview, and love em.

Allo Allo, last of the summer wine, Faulty Towers, Corrie from 25yrs ago ETC.. The humour is brilliant, not forgetting Sunday Night At The London Palladium. must be an age thing.

I agree,all good shows you mentioned, I actually thought after shows like Rising Damp, Porridge ect we wouldnt see anything at their standard then up pops Only Fools,  so maybe somewhere on the horizon another Gem could turn up,  as for game shows, I like tipping point but the chase for me is losing its edge,  the chasers seem to be getting more arrogant with their new found fame and as for Bradley Walsh,  he is grating on me a bit, by the way of milking a joke a bit too often,  Ben Shepard seems a lot more Genuine, 

5 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

I agree,all good shows you mentioned, I actually thought after shows like Rising Damp, Porridge ect we wouldnt see anything at their standard then up pops Only Fools,  so maybe somewhere on the horizon another Gem could turn up,  as for game shows, I like tipping point but the chase for me is losing its edge,  the chasers seem to be getting more arrogant with their new found fame and as for Bradley Walsh,  he is grating on me a bit, by the way of milking a joke a bit too often,  Ben Shepard seems a lot more Genuine, 

Wish they would repeat "boys from the black stuff".. But they never have done.

10 minutes ago, Padders said:

Wish they would repeat "boys from the black stuff".. But they never have done.

Hi Padders,

I think that is hosted on BritBox.  You could sign up for a 30 day trial for free and watch it in that time.

21 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

Hi Padders,

I think that is hosted on BritBox.  You could sign up for a 30 day trial for free and watch it in that time.

Not into all that, sorry but just don't get it.. (bit thick you see) sounds like a box of chocolate's to me.

At the moment I'm struggling  to open my next can of Guinness.

18 minutes ago, Padders said:

Not into all that, sorry but just don't get it.. (bit thick you see) sounds like a box of chocolate's to me.

At the moment I'm struggling  to open my next can of Guinness.

Ok fair enough ;).  Well, £7 for the complete DVD on Amazon.

Very good TV it is.

17 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

You know that rumble you can hear every time you watch the new versions of porridge and open all hours?

That's Ronnie barker spinning in his grave. Absolutely appalling and an insult to the originals.

Did someone mention old game shows?  How about; "From Norwich, it's the quiz of the week".....?  I'll leave you to fill in the rest?  Absolutely massive in its day. 

Another one I liked was 'Winner Takes All' in with Jimmy Tarbuck & Geoffrey Wheeler.  Surely this one could be brought back & updated? 

6 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Did someone mention old game shows?  How about; "From Norwich, it's the quiz of the week".....?  I'll leave you to fill in the rest?  Absolutely massive in its day. 

Another one I liked was 'Winner Takes All' in with Jimmy Tarbuck & Geoffrey Wheeler.  Surely this one could be brought back & updated? 

I remember that one, it seems like a Century ago,  :hihi:

The old game shows that are being presented by Jimmy Carr on Saturday nights now, are far more exciting than the boring quizzes that they have today.

Porridge was my favourite programme, and Boys from the Black Stuff, It Ain’t Half Hot Mom and all of Michael Crawfords programmes were far superior than the ones today. Better scripts and better actors.!

On 28/06/2020 at 15:55, Baron99 said:

Even if any attemps are made to bring back/revive and old game show- it was the presenters that MADE the shows better.

Today there are no quality presenters, they lack that charisma, interaction and genuineness.

Bruce Forsyth, Bob Monkhouse, Larry Grayson and even more recent, Barrymore- just to name a few.