Rock Hudson And Sandra Dee

He was a very handsome man and I didn't know he was homosexual until years later,  but I'm puzzled by a line from a song in the film 'Grease',  the 'Look at me I'm Sandra Dee'  - it's 'won't come across even Rock Hudson lost'  so I wondered if there was something like an attraction on his side.

They made a film together 'Come September'  but shortly after she married Bobby Darin.

Just curious to know if anyone had read this before.

The full Lyric is actually...

’won’t come across, even Rock Hudson lost
His heart to Doris Day’

Thanks Nikki,  now I'm wondering if he had a 'fling' with Doris Day,  surely not!

Not sure about a fling, but I did read that they were best friends for a lot of years.

Top box office stars as well

His agent/ Manager advised him to marry Phyllis Gates to hide his sexuality for box office purposes,  they  obviously had to live together and do publicly what married couples do but didn't share a bed,  his agent/ Manager also told him  to stop frequenting Gay bars too.  Terrible times and totally unfair times,  glad we have moved on from the dark ages. 

Yes I agree,  the studios built a 'wall' around their stars for box office reasons,  there were rumours when Cary Grant and Randolph Scott shared a place back in the thirties.

Edited by cressida

4 minutes ago, cressida said:

Yes I agree,  the studios built a 'wall' around their stars for box office reasons,  there were rumours when Cary Grant and Randolph Scott shared a place back in the thirties.

Yes but he stopped that rumour by going out with Judy Judy Judeeee, :hihi:

Really?  Enlighten me then

7 minutes ago, cressida said:

Really?  Enlighten me then

:hihi:When people like Mike Yarwood and such like used to take of Cary Grant, they used go, Judy Judy Judeee,  when they used to take of James Cagney they used to say you Dirty Rat in which Cagney denied ever saying. 😁

Quite frustrating isn't it pattricia!

Just now, PRESLEY said:

:hihi:When people like Mike Yarwood and such like used to take of Cary Grant, they used go, Judy Judy Judeee,  when they used to take of James Cagney they used to say you Dirty Rat in which Cagney denied ever saying. 😁

I must have missed that,  I was thinking Judy Garland wasn't his type

1 minute ago, PRESLEY said:

Oh yes, I remember now !