The Christmas Logo Competition is back. See thread in Sheffield Discussions for details ×

Revitalising The Classified Ads?

Posted (edited)

Just wondering is there a way for the classifieds to get their mojo,back, the Computer and other ones were a godsend to me, and i suspect many others on low income, as well as those who just love a bargain, and there were plenty on there, (i got a good car) Even before C19 they were diminishing in numbers, but certainly now on Computers, just a few.

Edited by gamezone07

I would be encouraged to return to an active classifieds user if there was an 'all' section. Just pop it beneath the 'other' and allow users to see time ordered adverts in just one place rather than having to dip into categories they probably don't know they are interested in.

I may be lazy, but I just don't go in and out of multiple categories, so don't bother at all.

23 hours ago, Heeley House said:

I just don't go in and out of multiple categories, so don't bother at all.

Ditto

The 'new' classifieds are terrible imho...

The expiry of ads is too short / fast...

There's no easy listing of all ads, or all in a given category...

There's also bugs, such as if something expires or is removed it still shows on the front page for that category for a while...

The general look / feel seems clunky to me, lots of wasted space and such, BIG elements at top, then small(er) for the description/text etc...

Any official response, tx

Prefer Categories as they are and seven days is ok, Remember there are other sites to use, The only problem I have is with Timewasters but that applies to all sites

There's no suggestion of losing the categories, there have always been categories.

There did, however, used to be a way to view all ads as well. In fact, it was the default.

When the platform changed, that was removed. It would be great to have it back.

On 26/06/2020 at 21:34, Heeley House said:

I would be encouraged to return to an active classifieds user if there was an 'all' section. Just pop it beneath the 'other' and allow users to see time ordered adverts in just one place rather than having to dip into categories they probably don't know they are interested in.

I may be lazy, but I just don't go in and out of multiple categories, so don't bother at all.

This

I just want to see everything in the order which it was added, just like it used to be (when people used it)

I really really hope the new owner does something about them, I used to buy lots off them, never scammed, etc, for many on low income(lost of more of them now) is was a necessity and a godsend.

On 26/06/2020 at 21:34, Heeley House said:

Same here. Puts me off with just categories, prefer to see ordered ads aswell unless I'm looking for something in particular

It has been brought to Rob's attention in the new owner thread, so fingers crossed.