Fence Spraying / Sprayer

Hello, any one had this problem, any recommendations for a decent fence sprayer, using Ronseal spray able dark oak fence paint and before anyone suggest it their sprayer does not work bought one from B&Q stirred the paint even tried thinning the paint down two parts paint one part water to stop clogging, it does not spray a fan pattern comes out as a jet however you adjust the nozzle then your chasing the paint around with a brush.

Looking for a better quality stronger pump sprayer or a simple electric powered sprayer that will do the job.   

Thanks

Yep, home ones are rubbish.

I just got the widest wallpaper pasting brush I could and did it manually.

Edited by alchresearch

43 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Yep, home ones are rubbish.

I just got the widest wallpaper pasting brush I could and did it manually.

I used to use a cheap sprayer and an old brush but it was still a lot quicker than just brushing   

2 minutes ago, gluedtopc said:

I used to use a cheap sprayer and an old brush but it was still a lot quicker than just brushing   

I'll second that, i've tried several sprayers including electric, water based just doesn't like soaking into a vertical piece of wood. 

Also you still have to brush about 4 inches around the edge or it will end up covering what ever is on the other side of the fence, it took me a full day to polish the paint of my car my neighbour spayed it with, it still has some red spots on its matt surfaces.

Another beauty of using the sprayer to put the treatment on the fence is it isn't dripping off the brush after dipping in the paint, I have thought about drilling a hole down the middle of a brush and connecting the spay pipe to it.

Evening guy's thanks for the replies, I decided to buy an electric sprayer designed for the job not cheap £120 but I also bought a pump sprayer for £25, Colron on offer, the reason why is I learnt from a sales assistant that, some of you may already know this, when you buy Ronseal fence paint there are three different types of mix one for brush fences one for brush and spray fences and one for spray fences the brush and spray mix is too thick for most pump action sprayers hence you get a splogg of paint, if you intend to spray then use the spray mix you still get the same strength of colour these tub's have BLUE lids not grey. So I will give the pump action a go if it works to a reasonable extent with the spray mix then I will return the expensive electric sprayer you may think I’m going to a lot of trouble just to paint a fence and shed’s but I have Arthritis in both hands and they lock up after gripping a brush for too long.  

Thanks

Yes, you have to make sure the paints suitable for spraying. I get my hands cramping up as well and it’s really awful!!