Owls Legal Fight Starts - Decision 12 Point Deduction 31/07/20

15 minutes ago, PapaLazarou said:

I never said he wasn't wealthy. Clearly he and his family are. 

What I said was how can he be a "top businessman" if he plays no visible role in his familys business. 

The only business he is visible in is Sheffield Wednesday. And funnily enough, some of the business practices there have been recently called into question. 

Do you think the multimillionaire Mr Chansiri is a bad businessman (senior family member of a global empire) because at the moment his venture into the fickle, unpredictable ,  sometimes dubious business of football ownership world isn’t successful?

41 minutes ago, prince al said:

Do you think the multimillionaire Mr Chansiri is a bad businessman (senior family member of a global empire) because at the moment his venture into the fickle, unpredictable ,  sometimes dubious business of football ownership world isn’t successful?

Ok. Lets try and make this simple. I have not questioned Chansiris wealth. I have not said that he is a "bad businessman".  What I am merely questioning is his business acumen and expertise, in light of previous statements of his business prowess (on this thread and many others).  So lets try and make this fairly simple:

Is he a multimillionaire? Yes, by default (family wealth)

Is he a self-made business multimillionaire? No

Is he a senior member of a family that owns a global empire?  Yes

Does he play an active role in the running of said global empire?   No

What are his business credentials and experience?   Enlighten us prince al, parkside, and bassett one, because its genuinely not known

Is he a bad businessman?  as above

And here's another point: Do you not think that any supposed "top businessman" worth his salt, when venturing into a sector in which he has no prior knowledge or experience, would ABSOLUTELY surround himself with the appropriate advisors? Surely, surely, surely, they would. That's what "top businessmen" do, isn't it? Do you think Richard Branson moved from running a record label into setting up an airline without airline experienced advisors? Or did he just use his knowledge of 7" picture discs to wing it? (no pun intended).

So to close:  If anyone can show me how Dejphon Chansiri is a businessman to be respected, due to his experience, qualifications, prowess, acumen, documented commercial successes, and peer respect, that would be just great. Thank you.

Edited by PapaLazarou

9 minutes ago, PapaLazarou said:

Ok. Lets try and make this simple. I have not questioned Chansiris wealth. I have not said that he is a "bad businessman".  What I am merely questioning is his business acumen and expertise, in light of previous statements of his business prowess (on this thread and many others).  So lets try and make this fairly simple:

What are his business credentials and experience?   Enlighten us prince al, parkside, and bassett one, because its genuinely not known

So if anyone can show me how Dejphon Chansiri is a businessman to be respected, due to his experience, qualifications, prowess, acumen, documented commercial successes, and peer respect, that would be just great. Thank you.

I still don’t understand?

9 minutes ago, prince al said:

I still don’t understand?

No problem. Clearly haven't got my point across (which is must be my fault)  so I vote we just leave it there and just have a beer instead.

Lifes too short. And its Friday.

Enjoy the weekend.

Edited by PapaLazarou

2 hours ago, PapaLazarou said:

No problem. Clearly haven't got my point across (which is must be my fault)  so I vote we just leave it there and just have a beer instead.

Lifes too short. And its Friday.

Enjoy the weekend.

Not your fault at all. I understood quite clearly the point you were putting across. 

On 07/08/2020 at 20:13, PapaLazarou said:

And here's another point: Do you not think that any supposed "top businessman" worth his salt, when venturing into a sector in which he has no prior knowledge or experience, would ABSOLUTELY surround himself with the appropriate advisors? Surely, surely, surely, they would. That's what "top businessmen" do, isn't it? Do you think Richard Branson moved from running a record label into setting up an airline without airline experienced advisors? Or did he just use his knowledge of 7" picture discs to wing it? (no pun intended).

So to close:  If anyone can show me how Dejphon Chansiri is a businessman to be respected, due to his experience, qualifications, prowess, acumen, documented commercial successes, and peer respect, that would be just great. Thank you.

Hes actually a property developer,and has a media arm,hes well known in thia business circles,hes quite a private person,as is the thia custom and hes quite guarded so information about DC is quite hard to come by,Hes very successfull,one of thialands elite,I was in Phuket,Malaysia and he was well respected there,his name was very well known,travelled upto Pattaya and he was likewise very well known in his own right

7 hours ago, staninoodle said:

Hes actually a property developer,and has a media arm,hes well known in thia business circles,hes quite a private person,as is the thia custom and hes quite guarded so information about DC is quite hard to come by,Hes very successfull,one of thialands elite,I was in Phuket,Malaysia and he was well respected there,his name was very well known,travelled upto Pattaya and he was likewise very well known in his own right

That's very interesting, what is the name of his property development company and his media business?

By "thia", I think you mean Thai? and is Phuket, Malaysia a different place to Phuket, Thailand?

51 minutes ago, Grappler said:

That's very interesting, what is the name of his property development company and his media business?

By "thia", I think you mean Thai? and is Phuket, Malaysia a different place to Phuket, Thailand?

Nope not possible it’s a secret! Question been asked many times before and still no info but does it matter ? You can fool some of the folk some of the time but........,,,,:

On 07/08/2020 at 18:43, rogets said:

Not sure what owls fans are worried about.  Wycombe, Barnsley and Rotherham, there are a guaranteed 18 points there for starters 

And those are the 3 clubs certain to get relegated next season 

I remember owls fans saying similar about a certain other club... how did that turn out?

2 hours ago, Vasquez Rich said:

I remember owls fans saying similar about a certain other club... how did that turn out?

Most fans know it won't be that simple. Get the right players in and the deduction shouldn't be a huge issue, it's wether monk has the ability to do that.

i doubt him as hes not got a proven record,like steve bruce,but it also depends who will come and play for him and if they fancy a 12 point deduction that could lead to a relegation fight if we dont go like a steam train in the first few weeks and many top players its about money or the manager and its if they think we can offer both,that could be a problem.