Owls Legal Fight Starts - Decision 12 Point Deduction 31/07/20

but theres lots that have used  the advantage to go back up,but i always think get a decent manager and that sorts it,i also think you can get out with little cash,but that normally means you come back down as you cannot get top players,leeds got good players and now are building on that,wolves got top loan players got up and signed them and added,at the end of the day class players are the best,but mixed with lion heart types.

On 28/08/2020 at 11:44, bassett one said:

i disagree with any team losing money is bad ,as its not about that so much in football,how do you compete with those with parachute payments? who have 3 chances of promotion with a huge advantage?,worried about teams going into' administration thats easy make the owner pay the league a deposit in case they do,say if they wish to spend the same as them that came down they must deposit that amount in a separate bank that is kept by the FA,but all teams can only do that if they havent had the chance of the parachute money,but many companys lose cash and then achieve there full potential and sell out at a profit.but hes a top man,but does need advice on how to run a football club thats tied to FA rules,i thought the wolves way was best sign top players on loan and only sign them if they get you promotion,it worked well and gave them a top team once up as well.

I think the 'Wolves way' with loan players might have been more luck than judgement  as it was only proven when they did get promotion. Not to contradict you bassett one, good post.

55 minutes ago, St Petre said:

I think the 'Wolves way' with loan players might have been more luck than judgement  as it was only proven when they did get promotion. Not to contradict you bassett one, good post.

Aren't wolves involved somehow with the agent of alot of the players that were brought in? Not sure of his exact relationship with wolves though.

We did the loan way in Carlos first season, seemed to work but not sure why it changed.

it works as does most things but you need a top manager with a good network of contacts in abroad and i believe it all starts with a top manager and work from there,there are a few managers that with luck can get you up on a shoestring budget,but its risky,a blend of youth and experiance and top loans and sign them if you if you get up.saw game yesterday,but cannot read a lot into it,but monk wants to use rhodes with a young ,hard working forward,but we missed out on the west brom lad and to go to a team with minus 12 points if you want success isnt a easy choice.

I don't know why you keep banging on about getting a top manager in. Top managers go to top clubs. 

but we had a top manager with steve bruce,unfortunatly we lost him ,but take wolves they got a top man,leeds also did,it did although take them a while,united took a chance and got what seems a top manager,all i am saying it starts at the top and you can get a good one like the other teams have,and if you pay a good wage and scour europe for one or england ,they are there,rather than the ones that go from club to club,blaming everyone for the sack except themselves,i dont think monk is good enough thats all and i dont like the idea of giving these people lots of cash ,then sacking them and starting again,because they dont like the players at hand you have to pay again,we can get a top man if i was the boss ,i would get a good team of experts,choose a top man,then sort out the players needed and it can be done,we cannot continue employing journey men,there are top managers out there who would love to have the chance to manage our great club and i think some have applied,but the wages havent matched the job.

18 minutes ago, bassett one said:

but we had a top manager with steve bruce,unfortunatly we lost him ,but take wolves they got a top man,leeds also did,it did although take them a while,united took a chance and got what seems a top manager,all i am saying it starts at the top and you can get a good one like the other teams have,and if you pay a good wage and scour europe for one or england ,they are there,rather than the ones that go from club to club,blaming everyone for the sack except themselves,i dont think monk is good enough thats all and i dont like the idea of giving these people lots of cash ,then sacking them and starting again,because they dont like the players at hand you have to pay again,we can get a top man if i was the boss ,i would get a good team of experts,choose a top man,then sort out the players needed and it can be done,we cannot continue employing journey men,there are top managers out there who would love to have the chance to manage our great club and i think some have applied,but the wages havent matched the job.

I wouldn't call Steve Bruce a top manager.

1 hour ago, St Petre said:

I wouldn't call Steve Bruce a top manager.

I think he was the best we could have reasonably hoped for. Four promotions to the premier league was good enough for me.

i agree there jim and he would of been okay if we got up as well,thats what we need now,reading match reports from sat,we were dire upfront,so we need a striker and they cost a fortune,it also said that worried me ,monks hoping to win lots of 1-0 by corners or free kicks,that could go either way as well,i know in we have tried it in the past,but knowing our supporters if we were top that would be fine,but its know way to run a football club long term.