Owls Legal Fight Starts - Decision 12 Point Deduction 31/07/20

11 hours ago, Grappler said:

That's very interesting, what is the name of his property development company and his media business?

By "thia", I think you mean Thai? and is Phuket, Malaysia a different place to Phuket, Thailand?

It wasnt an interrogation I just asked if they knew him and what he did,as was said hes a very private person,not uncommon in that part of the world.

It was meant to say travelled from Malyasia to Phuket

So there's a report out tomorrow, which according to The Sun, will state the EFL bungled & should have deducted Wednesday points this season but didn't because they took to long on their decision of the FFP case. Wednesday would have of course been relegated instead of Charlton. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/12413633/sheffield-wednesday-efl-relegate-charlton/

I should imagine the Charlton lawyers will be all over this?

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

So there's a report out tomorrow, which according to The Sun, will state the EFL bungled & should have deducted Wednesday points this season but didn't because they took to long on their decision of the FFP case. Wednesday would have of course been relegated instead of Charlton. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/12413633/sheffield-wednesday-efl-relegate-charlton/

I should imagine the Charlton lawyers will be all over this?

Arent Charlton already under investigation for the ownership issue that would see them deducted points if proved?Chorlton have bigger issues than Wednesday lobbing them a lifeline,they could start NEXT season on minus 21 points if proved,theyve hardly been honest themselves,and could be in the fourth tier,if theres still a fourth tier once covid bankrupts the lower leagues.

The EFL persued a 21 point deduction against SWFC,which would have applied in 2018-19,for mis appropriation of accounts against 3 membersof SWFC,the 3 members were all aquitted and no case was brought,so the EFL have persued a 12 point deduction this season,but again left it very late,so late that despite a season that ended  in July,they couldnt apply any punishment as the league season was officially over in May and the respondents have right to appeal,which in all honesty Wednesday would be stupid not to,as the EFL look about as organised as a chimps tea party and look culpable if theyve given Wednesday leave to alter account dates

From The Star website:

Breaking: Sheffield Wednesday will appeal their 12-point Championship deduction.

Looks like this could still be going on when the new season starts, plus the EFL have not revealed the outcome of the case against Derby, who will probably appeal if they are hit like Wednesday.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/breaking-sheffield-wednesday-will-appeal-their-12-point-championship-deduction-2944116

Edited by iansheff

thats intresting,could get away with just a fine like man city,i know it was different,but we could escape with just that,i hope,notice we have not still handed in our accounts.

21 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Can’t see much point in appealing to an EFL arbitration panel when an independent panel has found in favour of the EFL on Charge 1.

... and that the EFL brought both charges and wanted the points deduction in this year just finished.... be careful what you wish for.

If you’re going to copy and paste please also post a link to the source.

On 18/08/2020 at 20:53, Baron99 said:

Doubt theyve got the clout for a legal bash,theyre just hoping someones gunna do it for em,does anyone know who owns charlton? and did they pass the legal stuff?Even the EFL arent sure,was the transfer of ownership even legit?Charlton just lurch from one crisis to another,its a del boy club,total joke,shame for the fans

In my opinion appealing against the points deduction is stupid as everyone knows what they did, the points could be doubled