Owls Legal Fight Starts - Decision 12 Point Deduction 31/07/20

Amid all the allegations of fiddling books  (who doesn't)  it appears that Mr Chansari is part of a small no of club owners to make sure all the staff inc cleaners , grounds people, maintenance  , laundry and so on receive their full wages in the current crisis , some of the big time Charley's in the Premiership should  take note .

as i have said before,hes a top business man,but unfortunately he cannot do what he wants with this type of business with his own cash,unlike other businesses ,hes not stupid,he just would of been better hiring a top manager and a top or maybe 2 top advisers and a old ex player,it was unfortunate we lost steve bruce.

25 minutes ago, bassett one said:

as i have said before,hes a top business man,but unfortunately he cannot do what he wants with this type of business with his own cash,unlike other businesses ,hes not stupid,he just would of been better hiring a top manager and a top or maybe 2 top advisers and a old ex player,it was unfortunate we lost steve bruce.

Just wondering what you think makes D Chansiri a "top businessman", considering that he holds no position in the family company?

Edited by PapaLazarou

2 hours ago, PapaLazarou said:

Just wondering what you think makes D Chansiri a "top businessman", considering that he holds no position in the family company?

Well he owns 60 million quids worth of a football club so he is not the local butcher , baker or candle stick maker .

24 minutes ago, Parkside said:

Well he owns 60 million quids worth of a football club so he is not the local butcher , baker or candle stick maker .

This still doesn't make him a 'top businessman' unless the only thing that determines such a title is owning a football club. If he actually is, he's made a lot of bad mistakes during his time at SWFC. 

Or maybe he is a top businessman but just isn't very good at running a football club. 

Edited by Moistened

32 minutes ago, Parkside said:

Being born with a silver spoon in your mouth, and being allowed to play with Daddys millions does not make you a "top businessman".

Your £60m valuation is interesting, based on continual losses (asides from the questionable ground sale removing 1 years loss), and the original acquisition price of £37.5m from Mandaric. Has the club grown in value by £22.5m since 2015? That would be incredibly impressive considering all that has happened (or rather, has not happened) in the last 5 years.

I rather suspect you are basing the "60 millions worth of a football club" on the questionable valuation of the ground.

Edited by PapaLazarou

13 minutes ago, PapaLazarou said:

Being born with a silver spoon in your mouth, and being allowed to play with Daddys millions does not make you a "top businessman".

Your £60m valuation is interesting, based on continual losses (asides from the questionable ground sale removing 1 years loss), and the original acquisition price of £37.5m from Mandaric. Has the club grown in value by £22.5m since 2015? That would be incredibly impressive considering all that has happened (or rather, has not happened) in the last 5 years.

I rather suspect you are basing the "60 millions worth of a football club" on the questionable valuation of the ground.

ok then 40 million 

but you cannot say hes not wealthy or not put in millions,we dont have any outstanding bills,no overdraft ,he just needs a adviser for players,a top manager and we will be okay,he says many want to buy him out and,if thats lot is not good enough what can you say,but its not like any other business ,i think he would like to just buy until we get up to the premier,but he cant and that must frustrate him,but i would do it the wolves way its guaranteed as you only loan players for the most and if it fails change them as they cannot sit on the sidelines and just collect wages,no results no contract end of.

Not sure what owls fans are worried about.  Wycombe, Barnsley and Rotherham, there are a guaranteed 18 points there for starters 

And those are the 3 clubs certain to get relegated next season 

16 minutes ago, rogets said:

Not sure what owls fans are worried about.  Wycombe, Barnsley and Rotherham, there are a guaranteed 18 points there for starters 

Wow, I assume you're putting a few grand on that then? 

23 minutes ago, rogets said:

I wouldn't go that far but 12 points isn't as bad as I could be. If monk gets the right players in the 12 points won't be a big issue. I read Leeds in 2007 started with a 15 point deduction but finished 5th so not to worry yet

29 minutes ago, bassett one said:

but you cannot say hes not wealthy or not put in millions,we dont have any outstanding bills,no overdraft ,he just needs a adviser for players,a top manager and we will be okay,he says many want to buy him out and,if thats lot is not good enough what can you say,but its not like any other business ,i think he would like to just buy until we get up to the premier,but he cant and that must frustrate him,but i would do it the wolves way its guaranteed as you only loan players for the most and if it fails change them as they cannot sit on the sidelines and just collect wages,no results no contract end of.

I never said he wasn't wealthy. Clearly he and his family are. 

What I said was how can he be a "top businessman" if he plays no visible role in his familys business. 

The only business he is visible in is Sheffield Wednesday. And funnily enough, some of the business practices there have been recently called into question.