Owls Legal Fight Starts - Decision 12 Point Deduction 31/07/20

16 hours ago, bassett one said:

so here we go guys,we know how good your are at stats,what has happened to teams in the past thats lost 12 points? any promoted or demoted?

and what will we attract this coming season as i dont think theres a lot we can spend,the main problem we have a top business man,whos hands are tied as in he cannot spend his money on his business ,unlike any other business its a stupid rule in my opinion.

It's definitely not like any other business.

I think any business that is allowed to LOSE £39,000,000 in any 3 year period, which equates to £13,000,000 every year on an ongoing basis, qualifies for "being able to spend what you want". In reality no "top business man" would be associated with such a poorly run business, would he. No other business would get the leeway football clubs get in paying stupid unjustified salaries, just raising the price of their products willy nilly (tickets, shirts), and spending relatively nothing on their infrastructure. 

The issue with people just "investing" in vast amounts (i.e. buy a trophy, promotion etc) is that only 3 get promoted, that is the issue with the Championship as it is, each year 6 or 7 clubs have "invested heavily", to the point of extinction almost, and only 3 of them can go up. Once in a while (Blades) a club that hasn't done that gets up so that year, 4 of the speculators miss out. That debt takes years to clear, if they ever do, and that is why frequently the sides who get relegated back to the Championship after 1 season, and to be fair that is most of them,  follow on with a poor season, having dumped a load of overpriced, overpaid, dead wood (usually at a further massive loss), sometimes even the parachute payments don't save them (Hull, Sunderland, Wigan for three who went into L1). An unregulated arms race is no good for anyone in the long run. If you have a sound business, and know how to run one, then invest what you can make, don't treat it like a stupid bet.

SWFC invested a lot of money, have/had a load of players on silly money, and even another 2 or 3 daft money signings would not have made promotion a cert, and then where would they be.

but thats another point,we swfc ect are in league playing against teams who have huge amounts of money ie parachute cash,and theres lots of top business men spend millions trying to get a company off the ground ,to be a successfull and then sell on,the way wolves went up was the best way i have seen,only buy a player if hes proved himself ,most teams go up and find it hard to stay up ,due to lack of cash,if we can get up i doubt if that will be our problem,its just getting up.

Worse could follow,Wednesday could get a further points deduction if the next set of accounts show a loss above 20.8M,considering their last loss was 35.4M,youd say its nailed on that worse is to follow

5 hours ago, staninoodle said:

Worse could follow,Wednesday could get a further points deduction if the next set of accounts show a loss above 20.8M,considering their last loss was 35.4M,youd say its nailed on that worse is to follow

I'm not sure of the operating losses / profits for the past 3 years but surely the sale of the ground will have kicked in and show less than £39 million for the past 3 seasons. 

2 hours ago, abbeyedges said:

I'm not sure of the operating losses / profits for the past 3 years but surely the sale of the ground will have kicked in and show less than £39 million for the past 3 seasons. 

Even with the ground sale, that years accounts only show a £2m profit.

some one said those accounts should of been published on friday,if its true and we have taken the optional 3 months extra,then we could have yet another problem.

32 minutes ago, royalowl said:

Even with the ground sale, that years accounts only show a £2m profit.

Not enough then to even cover Jordan Rhodes' supposed salary? 

Villa smash the EFL P and S  to get promoted to PL  and cannot be touched for the offence by EFL , Get relegated back to the championship  with parachute payments for three years and the EFL  still cannot touch them.   Mind boggling to say the least , lets get on with the job in hand thats football.

19 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Not enough then to even cover Jordan Rhodes' supposed salary? 

No, plus the fact his transfer fee is paid over the duration of his contract, therefore we pay £2m a year to Middlesbrough, so he in effect costs us over £4m per season.

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

some one said those accounts should of been published on friday,if its true and we have taken the optional 3 months extra,then we could have yet another problem.

I think they are delayed due to the ongoing saga,once its sorted then they will be published.

Theres a lot of confusion around wether the accounts get re set after the case is settled.My understanding was they dont and its just a rolling three years,but it needs clarity on that point from the EFL.

A uefa directive is to relax FFP due to covid,and again the EFL need to clarify and make a statement.

13 hours ago, ALAN 58 said:

Villa smash the EFL P and S  to get promoted to PL  and cannot be touched for the offence by EFL , Get relegated back to the championship  with parachute payments for three years and the EFL  still cannot touch them.   Mind boggling to say the least , lets get on with the job in hand thats football.

Well said Alan, football matter should be settled on the field not in courts.

45 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

Well said Alan, football matter should be settled on the field not in courts.

.......as long as everybody abides by the rules.