Owls Legal Fight Starts - Decision 12 Point Deduction 31/07/20

6 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

The points go on this season and their safe so obviously sulking about it. They forget the season should of finished in may so if covid 19 hadn't turned up the season would of been done a couple of months ago

I've twigged it Nervy, thanks.

well it could of been worse,but it will a uphill battle if minus 12 points ,also whos going to join a club that will find it hard to get promotion? 

At least we will have a new song to sing at Hillsboro " The Only Way is Up" if things go right for the manager in charge,or Down Down Deeper & Down if were in a Status Quo

Terrible decision by the EFL and panel, points deduction should have been more than 12 points, for the devious stunt pulled by Chancer's "advisors", and shame on him for going along with it. 

We'll probably never get the full details of why a  company up in West Yorkshire helped closed down "Sheffield 4", via voluntary insolvency,  a company that had no bank account, so it couldn't actually trade, but instead of filling in a Companies House form to close it down (five minute job), it took an insolvency team in Heckmondwike area to do it, and cost 18,000 pounds.

Charlton have good reason to complain, the points deduction should have taken place this season. 

Luckily, as at least one person on here keeps reminding us, Mester Chancer is a "brilliant, top businessman", so no doubt the books will be perfect next time around.

32 minutes ago, Grappler said:

Terrible decision by the EFL and panel, points deduction should have been more than 12 points, for the devious stunt pulled by Chancer's "advisors", and shame on him for going along with it. 

We'll probably never get the full details of why a  company up in West Yorkshire helped closed down "Sheffield 4", via voluntary insolvency,  a company that had no bank account, so it couldn't actually trade, but instead of filling in a Companies House form to close it down (five minute job), it took an insolvency team in Heckmondwike area to do it, and cost 18,000 pounds.

Charlton have good reason to complain, the points deduction should have taken place this season. 

Luckily, as at least one person on here keeps reminding us, Mester Chancer is a "brilliant, top businessman", so no doubt the books will be perfect next time around.

We don't know what evidence the club had to counter the EFL so not sure we can be saying it should be more or less. 12 points is a substantial amount, in fact the most that they could give us unless proven the club tried to mislead the EFL which must of not been proven.

It's probably split in the fan base of fans wanting it this season or next, I wouldn't of complained too much if this season.

It's alright Charlton claiming it should of been this season so that they save themselves but the breach was technically the season before so shouldn't it be that season anyway, not this.  Added to the fact we would of been well into pre season if covid hadn't turned up.

One of the more plausible explanations I've heard for deferring the points deduction is that both Birmingham and Derby face losing points as well. Assuming they lose 12 points as well and all points deductions were applied this season, Wednesday and Birmingham would be relegated but Derby wouldn't.

Basically, the same offence/penalty would impact two of the three clubs much more significantly.

But it's all hearsay and rumours at the moment.

I think Wednesday should be just about good enough to be safe next season, however attracting quality players has got to be a worry, and with an already ageing and weak squad, it's going to be very tough. 

Edited by Moistened

Im glad your still in this league lm sure you will survive but attracting players could be a problem . Wether monk is the right choice l really dont think so the team needs a good shake up from roots upwards ye to big to struggle ....

Im looking forward to my team doing really well new team new manager and just arrived my new away shirt...

Wish ye well guys as normal...

Just hope Mr Chansiri learns a lesson and begins to listen to people with English football knowledge ( though probably doubtful ) my opinion is his first phonecall should be to Chris Turner to get himself a  CEO he knows the business and more importantly understands the club and fans.  then strip  the business back and work from there.  

Edited by Tigerfan
grammar

so here we go guys,we know how good your are at stats,what has happened to teams in the past thats lost 12 points? any promoted or demoted?

and what will we attract this coming season as i dont think theres a lot we can spend,the main problem we have a top business man,whos hands are tied as in he cannot spend his money on his business ,unlike any other business its a stupid rule in my opinion.

If Wednesday had battled to win points the way Wigan did when they were told they were going to be docked 12 points we wouldn't be having Charlton calling for it to be this season. I don't see how it could be this season though when Derby and Birmingham have still not been informed of any penalty they face, plus the talk of appealing any decision. I thought there was another club that had bought their ground, was that Villa?

There needs to be some sort of cut off date (e.g. January 1st) where any wrongdoing before this date results in a deduction that season, but anything after will be punished the following season. A team needs time to be able to gain the necessary points for  staying in the division.