Owls Legal Fight Starts - Decision 12 Point Deduction 31/07/20

On 24/07/2020 at 22:41, Moistened said:

It's just looking extremely bad for them at the moment. 

In what way?

7 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

In what way?

23rd in the form table since Christmas, which would be disastrous if carried on into next season. Plus the impending result of the legal battle. Things are looking grim for the Owls, very grim. 

Edited by Moistened

10 hours ago, Moistened said:

23rd in the form table since Christmas, which would be disastrous if carried on into next season. Plus the impending result of the legal battle. Things are looking grim for the Owls, very grim. 

Form from one season very rarely carries over into the next (you better hope Uniteds doesn't), the result of the legal battle is still totally unknown.

It's easy to be negative. Sure. 

But this could start off something great.

Big wage earners off the bill so 3/4 players going could allow us to get 7/8 meaning we have a stronger squad.

Bit of youth coming through.

As for the legal battle? It's an uncontrollable to me and us as fans so I'm not worrying about that. Que sera.

1 hour ago, jester6881 said:

It's easy to be negative. Sure. 

But this could start off something great.

Big wage earners off the bill so 3/4 players going could allow us to get 7/8 meaning we have a stronger squad.

Bit of youth coming through.

As for the legal battle? It's an uncontrollable to me and us as fans so I'm not worrying about that. Que sera.

Hope this doesn’t sound too negative, but getting rid of 3/4 big wage earners and bringing in 7/8 others just means a bigger squad, not a stronger one. Due to his reluctance to sell players, the squad has been enormous all through the Chansiri years. We hardly saw some of those players.
I’d like to see youth get its chance but unless there’s a Mason Mount lurking in the development squad, I can’t see it happening. If next season starts with a points deduction it won’t be possible to bring along unproven youngsters in the first team.
Staying up might be all we can aspire to in 20/21.

3 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

Form from one season very rarely carries over into the next (you better hope Uniteds doesn't), the result of the legal battle is still totally unknown.

I think the Blades were still as high as 12th or so in the form table post lockdown, so not incredibly worrying.

You're right about form not carrying over though, but if Wednesday have repercussions that stop then from strengthening their already weak and aging squad, things could get very bad. 

9 hours ago, Moistened said:

I think the Blades were still as high as 12th or so in the form table post lockdown, so not incredibly worrying.

You're right about form not carrying over though, but if Wednesday have repercussions that stop then from strengthening their already weak and aging squad, things could get very bad. 

The Owls were third at Christmas can we carry that form over instead seeing as your choosing a random time period.

The optimum word in your second point is "could", lets see.

we have just lost our top scorer fletcher,a top full back hutchinson,a top class midfielder ,plus fox and the rest,now they need replacing and murphy ect were only loans,plus we dont know where we stand re-FA,so its hard to sell the dream of anything,plus we need a top manager to attract good players,plus how will the owner react to all of it,iffy to say the least.

17 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

The Owls were third at Christmas can we carry that form over instead seeing as your choosing a random time period.

The optimum word in your second point is "could", lets see. 

I admire your optimism. I'm sure everything will be fine. 

WHEN HAVE OUR books/accounts got to be in by law?

6 hours ago, Moistened said:

I admire your optimism. I'm sure everything will be fine. 

I'm not particularly optimistic I just share your prophecy of doom and gloom, signed a young lad from Manchester City today which will hopefully be the start of a different approach, I don't think we have any worries of problems with the EFL.

21 hours ago, bassett one said:

WHEN HAVE OUR books/accounts got to be in by law?

Nine months after the company’s financial year ends.