Owls Legal Fight Starts - Decision 12 Point Deduction 31/07/20

If  what i have heard is true, that the P&S  is going to be suspended for next season .Then the EFL have brought the case forward so that the case can be  heard so that a verdict can be given this season. I feel we are going to get  a  fine and a suspended sentence  and put on the naughty step  and i,ll take that. If that is the outcome then. the hiring of a top QC  will have more than paid for itself.   We live in hope.

Not what iv heard 8 point deduction minimum

42 minutes ago, Pkingy said:

Not what iv heard 8 point deduction minimum

Not saying you are wrong but have they already been found guilty as the case is starting?

hope it gets sorted ASAP,will they want this years accounts as well to sort it?

The owners of Sheffield Wednesday F.C.  have been caught red handed. They have been caught and then they tried to cover up the fact. They botched it, and they were caught again. I am expecting the first punishment for breaking the FFP regulations to be upheld, and I am expecting that punishment to be doubled because they tried to cover up that fact. Anything else would invite the return of the wild west in the Championship. Every rich chairman in the league would take it as an invitation to act as they wanted, because there was nothing the league could do. There is a matter of principle here, and matters of principle just cannot be ignored.

Punishments for breaking the FFP rules will be laid down in the rule book. I thought it was 9 points, but I do not think that the actual punishment for exceeding losses of £39m in 3 years has been made public knowledge, nor has the sliding scale of punishments for losses higher than £39m over 3 years. Nevertheless, the rest of the league will be aware of the punishments that the league can enforce, and if the EFL does not enforce the punishment laid down, then legal action could ensue. The option of legal recourse would also be open to Sheffield Wednesday if the EFL make a mistake in their interpretation or enforcement of the rules. That is why the whole process takes time. The EFL must be sure about their case. There must also be EFL rules and a list of punishments for covering up a breach. It is usually a doubling of the original penalty, but once again, the public has not been told, but the clubs will have been.

Edited by Velo77

16 minutes ago, Velo77 said:

The owners of Sheffield Wednesday F.C.  have been caught red handed. They have been caught and then they tried to cover up the fact. They botched it, and they were caught again. I am expecting the first punishment for breaking the FFP regulations to be upheld, and I am expecting that punishment to be doubled because they tried to cover up that fact. Anything else would invite the return of the wild west in the Championship. Every rich chairman in the league would take it as an invitation to act as they wanted, because there was nothing the league could do. There is a matter of principle here, and matters of principle just cannot be ignored.

Punishments for breaking the FFP rules will be laid down in the rule book. I thought it was 9 points, but I do not think that the actual punishment for exceeding losses of £39m in 3 years has been made public knowledge, nor has the sliding scale of punishments for losses higher than £39m over 3 years. Nevertheless, the rest of the league will be aware of the punishments that the league can enforce, and if the EFL does not enforce the punishment laid down, then legal action could ensue. The option of legal recourse would also be open to Sheffield Wednesday if the EFL make a mistake in their interpretation or enforcement of the rules. That is why the whole process takes time. The EFL must be sure about their case. There must also be EFL rules and a list of punishments for covering up a breach. It is usually a doubling of the original penalty, but once again, the public has not been told, but the clubs will have been.

Its all hear'say at the moment who know's until it all comes out in the wash? if the Owls win then the EFL will not let it lie vice virsa from the Owls.

Unless your part of the EFL or the Owls Legal team then speculation is all some can hang on too.????

3 hours ago, Velo77 said:

Unfortunately you have to be found guilty first, that hasn't happened yet.

Bookies make owls even money to be relegated today, must be something in the pipeline 

1 hour ago, pintor said:

Bookies make owls even money to be relegated today, must be something in the pipeline 

Plenty in the pipeline but depends what rumour you want to believe. Someone said administration and points. Another has said a fine and transfer embargo (probably our best hope if we don't win). I lost interest months ago, what happens happens.

but i think we can all agree asap ,so we can move forward for 20/21 season,have a clear out and include monk as well,we need a top man,leeds sorted it,wolves sorted it and we can as well,leeds manager says dedication/hardwork or i prefer the wolves way sign top players only if they gain promotion.