Reading Knife Attacks.

Counter Terrorism Policing South East (CTSPE) said a 25-year-old man from Reading, who was arrested initially on suspicion of murder on Saturday, has now been re-arrested under Section 41 of the Terrorism Act 2000.

I would have said the cause was mental ilness, not terrorism. But we seem to have an upsurge in isms recently.

Khairi Saadallah, was detained by the police. In a previous act, it was report that he threw a television through the window of a high rise flat. Was that terrorism too, what action was taken after that happened? Maybe he was sectioned?

Or was that an act of terrorism too?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53129046

Depends what they found in his flat, somebody mentioned he liked a spliff so it could be a mental illness that's made him think, believe stuff

Horrific for those who died,  were injured, or witnessed it.  I don't know what fuels terrorism towards our country that appears to at least have offered sanctuary from war.  If this isn't the right place for someone's mindset, then they should either not come here, or come and accept British society,  but don't stay and kill innocent people. 

I don't think you get to choose to have mental issues to a degree.

He was investigated last year and the security services did not regard him as a serious threat,who would like that as a job.

That said this long lockdown will have taken a lot of people to dark places.

Seen some far right types poo poo the terrorist but and say it's an anti white crime

My thoughts go out to friends and family. So Sad

We could say that every terrorist is mentally unstable, couldn't we? That would reduce the terrorism, right? :)

Anyway, the terrorism in UK is defined by terrorism act. If this case fulfills the definition, it is terrorism. Simple as that.

1 hour ago, Branyy said:

We could say that every terrorist is mentally unstable, couldn't we? That would reduce the terrorism, right? :)

Anyway, the terrorism in UK is defined by terrorism act. If this case fulfills the definition, it is terrorism. Simple as that.

Now that the police are treating it as terrorism. the media will whip up more hatred, it could be changed before trail.

On radio four they said that because he has now been charge, they cannot say too many things about him. Once proceedings are ‘active’, anything which creates a substantial risk that the course of justice in these proceedings will be seriously prejudiced or impeded will be a contempt of court. 

The suspect once threw a television out of a top floor window and was regularly visited by a mental health key worker.

But they are saying that he was briefly on the radar of MI5.

Seems like people will think if he was on the radar of MI5, he is probably a terrorist.

Edited by El Cid

20 minutes ago, El Cid said:

The suspect once threw a television out of a top floor window and was regularly visited by a mental health key worker.

But they are saying that he was briefly on the radar of MI5.

Seems like people will think if he was on the radar of MI5, he is probably a terrorist.

And those people would have been probably right.  He probably wasn't on the MI5 radar because of throwing out a TV.

I think the latest news said that he possibly wanted to travel to Syria to fight. 

Another thing that strikes me - he was an asylum seeker and already been in jail.

Edited by Branyy

1 hour ago, Branyy said:

As this will be too when it kicks off...well in some parts of the world it already has and I believe these groups pose the biggest threat. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53128169

Adjusting my tinfoil hat...

I would not be entirely surprised if it's not an agent provocateur move.

That said extreme right wing/ racist groups in the US  kill more people each year than  other groups.

Indeed one is going on trail soon in California fir shooting two cops dead during the recent riots.

His groups aim is too ignite a race war.

Same group 3 others in Las Vegas are on trial  with terrorism charges if having explosive devices.

33 minutes ago, butlers said:

Adjusting my tinfoil hat...

I would not be entirely surprised if it's not an agent provocateur move.

That said extreme right wing/ racist groups in the US  kill more people each year than  other groups.

Indeed one is going on trail soon in California fir shooting two cops dead during the recent riots.

His groups aim is too ignite a race war.

Same group 3 others in Las Vegas are on trial  with terrorism charges if having explosive devices.

I think the problem in UK lies somewhere else and deflecting to other problems isn't really helping.

Edited by Branyy

Course there were 4 imprisoned recently from National Action.

I also wonder about Paul Goldings mob, Britain First who has been to Russia twice on fund raising trips.

Thomas Meyer who murdered Jo Cox   attended EDL marches and had some involvement with the National Front.

The security services have thier work cut out working out fantasists to people who are hell bent on taking action.

There's a good set of documentaries on BBC radio by Dame Eliza Manningham Buller about what they are up against.