Identify This A/V Port?

This is on a Panasonic pocket camcorder HM-TA1 and nothing I've seen seems to match. It has one row of 8 contacts, or possibly 16.

The width of the socket is about 5.5mm.

RKqYszA.jpg

It looks like a micro HDMI socket.

According to the manual it’s for  a VFA 0530 av cable 

22 minutes ago, alarmingmark said:

According to the manual it’s for  a VFA 0530 av cable 

Yes. Looking at the manual, it looks like it's uses analogue signals - so it can't be a micro HDMI connector. Although they do appear to be using the same/a similar connector.

Yes, it can't be an HDMI micro or a USB micro  as the pin configurations differ. I've mislaid the original lead so I might have to buy the lead suggested by Mark.

Edited by carosio

11 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

"DisplayPort" or "Mini DisplayPort"

It's similar in shape to the mini display port  (which has 20pins), but smaller at 5.5mm width. It could be special to Panasonic.

It might be their own style.  I had a Sanyo or Sony camera with its own type of cable

On 20/06/2020 at 15:10, the_bloke said:

http://panasonic.ae/en/manuals/HM-TA1.pdf

It's to connect it to an external screen. I wouldn't say it's essential if you can't find the cable, as long as you have the USB you can charge it up and transfer data from it.

Yes, I'm now doing this, using the standard USB lead sets up the camera's video software on the laptop.

13 hours ago, alchresearch said:

It might be their own style.  I had a Sanyo or Sony camera with its own type of cable

Strangely enough, i found (in a drawer) a plug/ lead that fits from a Pentax Optio S camera that i had years ago, but this lead only has 2 RCA plugs.