Ee Broadband Router Problem

I’ve got EE broadband, everything working fine for 2 or 3 days. Woke up this morning and no wifi. Tried turning router on and off (edit, I mean off and on) doesn’t help, wifi network is just showing, and if I try to connect manually, it still doesn’t work.

When I turn router (ee smarthub) on, the light goes instantly green turquoise, which indicates everything working fine.

Going to call them in a bit, but anything else I can try?

Edited by Waldo

Hmm, very strange, it’s working now.

A bit concerning though, wouldn’t want this to become a pattern. Anyone else experiencing this kind of thing?

If you restarted the router, and the WiFi showed, but wouldn't connect...

Go into the WiFi settings (for whatever device your'e talking about)  and "Forget" the network..

Then, reconnect to it (You will need to reenter the password)

I remember when I worked for 'Freeserve' when the Local Area had thunderstorms we had to replace load of routers connected via copper wires as they had been struck by lightning strikes, but Virgin Media ones were never seemed affected this way.

5 minutes ago, DeZeus said:

I remember when I worked for 'Freeserve' when the Local Area had thunderstorms we had to replace load of routers connected via copper wires as they had been struck by lightning strikes, but Virgin Media ones were never seemed affected this way.

Because the majority of Virgins cables are underground, and not attached to the tops of poles, strung across to the houses (like many phone lines are/were)

I’m also wondering it is because it’s a new service, literally only been on EE bb for 2 days. Could it be teething issues?

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

I’m also wondering it is because it’s a new service, literally only been on EE bb for 2 days. Could it be teething issues?

Generally yes, Allow up to 5 days for the line to settle fully.... 

However, That would generally mean your router gets disconnected and reconnects, it wouldn't affect the WiFi connecting (you would have no internet temporarily, but WiFi would still be connected to the router)

Edited by Ghozer