Formatting Laptop.

9 hours ago, zach said:

See, you're learning.

WiFi should, and is secured by your password. That password has to be used on any wireless device before the router will allow it access. There are other ways to connect but not needed to know for you at the moment.

It's worth looking over the forums at your own pace, sooner or later you will have to use terminal to issue commands. You are doing things the right way for now...learn the basics, then build from there.

Cheers.

I've been using Linux for about 6 years now. I have it installed on a 13 year old Toshiba laptop and it still runs like new, not had a single problem.

Is it secure enough to do on-line banking and buying things? I have Linux mint.

9 hours ago, Kidorry said:

Is it secure enough to do on-line banking and buying things? I have Linux mint.

I'd imagine there are a lot of Linux users that use online banking. Only my opinion but I never use a web browser for banking, I use the mobile banking app on my phone/tablet.

Most banks have a web page showing what you need to do, to make online banking more secure. You should be OK but it won't hurt to double check their requirements.

Edited by zach

Will do that. Cheers.