Petrol Lawnmower

My petrol lawn mower has a fault, the pull cord keeps getting stuck and the company has sent me a new one { it is still under guarantee} the thing is I don't know how to replace it, I'm disabled and nearly eighty,does anyone  know  if its difficult to take this one off and put a new one on? I don't have a shed full of tools either, any suggestions  please? Thank you A.

3 hours ago, Applegrim said:

My petrol lawn mower has a fault, the pull cord keeps getting stuck and the company has sent me a new one { it is still under guarantee} the thing is I don't know how to replace it, I'm disabled and nearly eighty,does anyone  know  if its difficult to take this one off and put a new one on? I don't have a shed full of tools either, any suggestions  please? Thank you A.

Hello Applegrim.

Q.  Is it just the cord they have sent you or the complete Pulley mechanism?

If its the complete pulley inc cord it should just be a case of replacing the new for the old. (socket set or spanners)

If its just the cord its a little bit more involved but not something that's hard to do.

AS MOST THINGS ARE PLASTIC NOW A DAYS - DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN THINGS.

You don't mention what make of Mower it is.

All makes will be different some way or another.

Easiest thing to do is have a look on you tube.

Lots of excellent short videos on there showing you what's what.

Basically if it  just the cord its a case of removing the outer cover, then the pully itself.

Pull the cord out to its full length, stop the pully from retracting with something (screwdriver).

cut the original cord - replace with new.

If the Mower is New I'd be asking what was the cause of the problem.

Edited by Rockers rule
additional info

If it's still under guarantee then I'd suggest contacting the company from where you bought it. They should be able to give you detailed instructions or, preferably, arrange for an engineer to fix it.

Thank you so much, I have been able to get someone to do it for me, but thank you so much for your help