Stopping Emails Permanently.

I’m getting certain emails over and over again which I don’t want. I click on delete but this doesn’t stop them coming. What do I need to do to stop them permanently ?

put them in spam - they will continue to come but you'll never see them.

2 minutes ago, willman said:

Is spam something that I can click on ? 

it comes up as an option on yahoo -at the top of the page instead of deleting it. Sama on my iphone but yu have to selct the folder for spam.

2 hours ago, willman said:

it comes up as an option on yahoo -at the top of the page instead of deleting it. Sama on my iphone but yu have to selct the folder for spam.

Thanks willman . That’s very helpful.

2 hours ago, willman said:

So if you transfer an email to the spam folder, do all future emails from the same address go straight there automatically?

They should do- all mine do.

19 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

So if you transfer an email to the spam folder, do all future emails from the same address go straight there automatically?

Depends on your email providers filtering - I know at least two ISPs (no names, sorry) where the filters seem to be very temperamental, hence why I and others have those filters off, and use third-party solutions.

5 hours ago, pattricia said:

Is spam something that I can click on ? 

On my yahoo mail page at the top of the page next to Spam, there are three dots... click that on and you may see 'block sender', see if that helps as I didn't know about that until I saw your post (I have a similar problem) and the subsequent replies.

In an email in Gmail you can click the icon at the top with an exclamation mark in the middle and that will report it as spam and stop all future ones.

4 hours ago, pattricia said:

Thanks willman . That’s very helpful.

If you are using Yahoo open the email and on the bar above where you have option to move or deleet etc,you will see 3 little dots,click on these and it will give you other options,one of which is block sender,click on this and you won't receive any more.Another option is on most messages at the very bottom is an unsubscribe option click on this and it will also stop any more messages.

9 minutes ago, jackanne said:

If you are using Yahoo open the email and on the bar above where you have option to move or deleet etc,you will see 3 little dots,click on these and it will give you other options,one of which is block sender,click on this and you won't receive any more.Another option is on most messages at the very bottom is an unsubscribe option click on this and it will also stop any more messages.

@jackanne- I wouldn't suggest the bolded option, to be honest if the message itself is unasked for , that usually only confirms it is a ''live' email address and invites even more spam.