Commission To Investigate Inequality

5 minutes ago, casualbystander said:

yes and Tottenham represents a good portion of the united kingdom residents? Farage far better represents the feelings across the country.

I begin to understand where you casually bystand

Which seat might Farage have won to get elected as an M.P.

Edited by RJRB

11 hours ago, casualbystander said:

trouble is the ones that hear it tend to cause the bother, its rabble rousing that is his agenda he has a massive chip on his shoulder always has.

So I presume in your world we should just continue to ignore it? 

What do  you have to do to get genuine grievances changed in this country? 

12 hours ago, casualbystander said:

Farage far better represents the feelings across the country.

Fail. Despite the high profile tiny-minded xenophobic bigots who live in the past have at the moment, this is most definitely cobblers.

21 hours ago, casualbystander said:

Lammy only has one drum to bang by the looks of it.

That's not evidence of anything other than your small mindedness.

7 hours ago, Anna B said:

So I presume in your world we should just continue to ignore it? 

What do  you have to do to get genuine grievances changed in this country? 

certainly we should ignore so called racism, its perpetuated by it being brought to the forefront in society, check out Morgan Freemans view on this interview ?  a lot of the so called grievances are again related to the entitled society which has grown in this country.

2 hours ago, Halibut said:

Fail. Despite the high profile tiny-minded xenophobic bigots who live in the past have at the moment, this is most definitely cobblers.

i respectfully suggest you get out of your bubble and speak to real people and not ones that are like minded.

2 hours ago, casualbystander said:

certainly we should ignore so called racism, its perpetuated by it being brought to the forefront in society, check out Morgan Freemans view on this interview ?  a lot of the so called grievances are again related to the entitled society which has grown in this country.

i respectfully suggest you get out of your bubble and speak to real people and not ones that are like minded.

As you believe that Farage is representative of the public’s feelings across the country,I would respectfully suggest that you also venture outside of your bubble.

21 hours ago, Mister M said:

Neither of whom are as bad as the sick joke that is Prime Minister Boris Johnson.

But Johnson speaks with a plummy accent and studied the classics at Oxford University. Sometimes he drops references to what he learned into his public pronouncements. 

The proles lap it up

Yeah it's a matter of opinion 

6 hours ago, Halibut said:

Like half of the anti semite Labour Party. Then has corbyn got the brush  that he used to sweep it under the carpet 

Or telling priti Patel   she can't discuss blm as  she isn't in that Postion to say things   

Hmmmm

3 hours ago, casualbystander said:

She won't do that listen to the leader of blm to hear a proper clueless person 

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

As you believe that Farage is representative of the public’s feelings across the country,I would respectfully suggest that you also venture outside of your bubble.

I inadvertently stepped outside my bubble, into another and suggested that black lives do matter and maybe we shouldn't have statues of slavers in this country. It didn't go down well at all, because they are bigots who daren't own their own bigotry. They are everywhere, from corners of the internet to board rooms, to literally the PM.

We've had the lammy report - 35 recommendations, nothing happened, race disparity report 2017, what happened? Nowt. McGregor Smith report 2017 - anything? Independent Windrush review, has anything be done with that?

On 16/06/2020 at 08:52, taxman said:

This "announcement" was two lines at the end of a Telegraph opinion piece on statues. 

Its just a sop to try to be seen to actually do something but in reality it's just kicking the can down the road again.

Various reports have already been commissioned and completed but presumably they contained stuff the government didn't like so they've just ignored them . Maybe with Johnson's chum heading this one it will reach a result that he approves of.

Exactly. 

As I've said many times, what the Tories promise, and what they deliver are two very different things.

But we only ever hear the promises and people assume they are done. It's Not so. They are just delaying tactics.

Promising a report sounds like they care. They don't.

Acting on the report they've commissioned is the bit that counts, and in this they are sadly lacking.

Post pandemic, poverty is going to rise alarmingly. We need a government that understands what that means for people, and is willing to help them. 

22 hours ago, Anna B said:

Exactly. 

As I've said many times, what the Tories promise, and what they deliver are two very different things.

But we only ever hear the promises and people assume they are done. It's Not so. They are just delaying tactics.

Promising a report sounds like they care. They don't.

Acting on the report they've commissioned is the bit that counts, and in this they are sadly lacking.

Post pandemic, poverty is going to rise alarmingly. We need a government that understands what that means for people, and is willing to help them. 

That wouldn’t be Labour by any chance?

6 hours ago, hobinfoot said:

That wouldn’t be Labour by any chance?

Anything more competent than the current shower would do.

15 hours ago, Longcol said:

Anything more competent than the current shower would do.

who do you think would do a better job???? and why?

37 minutes ago, casualbystander said:

who do you think would do a better job???? and why?

Irrelevant to this thread