Distancing On Buses

10 hours ago, Baron99 said:

My wife has seen a message on her First Bus app that states the social distancing rules are being changed on buses to reflect the new regulations. 

Presumably they now mean the 1m+ rule?  

Capacities on buses are increasing from Monday, at least for First & Stagecoach.

For First it'll be around 17 on a single, 33ish for a double, depending on seating layout/bus model

I really hope that windows are kept open on buses for maximum ventilation. A lot of fuss is being made about social distancing and masks but as soon as people start crowding into poorly ventilated INDOOR spaces Covid has the perfect conditions to start spreading again.  

28 minutes ago, redruby said:

I really hope that windows are kept open on buses for maximum ventilation. A lot of fuss is being made about social distancing and masks but as soon as people start crowding into poorly ventilated INDOOR spaces Covid has the perfect conditions to start spreading again.  

I had to nip out yesterday to get food supplies and I opened windows on the bus i was on as there were none open. Someone then complained they were cold.  Windows should be kept open...

Ours are now 21 people, that's 1 per seat, not really distanced. Not like before with 11 on, 1 per seat then an empty seat in front and behind.

At least i can catch it though, being near the end of the route, it went sailing past last sunday

53 minutes ago, Groose said:

I had to nip out yesterday to get food supplies and I opened windows on the bus i was on as there were none open. Someone then complained they were cold.  Windows should be kept open...

This is worrying. It wasn’t even cold yesterday and buses are still not being used very much.  If people don’t leave the windows open when autumn comes and buses will be busier with all kids back at school and more people travelling into work, watch this space for a second spike..,

On 12/07/2020 at 08:30, Groose said:

I had to nip out yesterday to get food supplies and I opened windows on the bus i was on as there were none open. Someone then complained they were cold.  Windows should be 

Same happened yesterday on the Stannington bus.

Edited by pattricia