Distancing On Buses

7 minutes ago, ricgem2002 said:

Why not ask the person not wearing the mask ? Why do you think the drivers have to explain to other passengers why someone is not wearing a face covering ? 

It’s outrageous if the drivers have been told not to implement the legislation and shocking if their union signed-off on that.  Where are the whistleblowers drawing attention to this?  It’s a standing joke that The Star gets its stories from here.  Have they ran an exposé of this scandal?  

22 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

It’s outrageous if the drivers have been told not to implement the legislation and shocking if their union signed-off on that.  Where are the whistleblowers drawing attention to this?  It’s a standing joke that The Star gets its stories from here.  Have they ran an exposé of this scandal?  

I’d guess the line from the union is “don’t cause a situation with someone not wearing a mask that’s going to you coughed on”.

1 minute ago, tinfoilhat said:

I’d guess the line from the union is “don’t cause a situation with someone not wearing a mask that’s going to you coughed on”.

Possibly.  I'd expect better though.  Would you drive a bus under such leadership?  I'd refuse then if it goes to tribunal, so be it.

49 minutes ago, ricgem2002 said:

Why not ask the person not wearing the mask ? Why do you think the drivers have to explain to other passengers why someone is not wearing a face covering ? 

The drivers are the ones permitting them on to the bus ! and yes, I would be asking the passenger also.

47 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

Take a look here for stagecoach drivers https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/18525140.cant-make-passengers-wear-masks-buses-says-stagecoach/

7 minutes ago, Jen17 said:

The drivers are the ones permitting them on to the bus ! and yes, I would be asking the passenger also.

The driver can’t enforce the ruling so what can he do about it ? What if the other passenger turned violent against you is that the drivers fault for letting him on (remember he can’t enforce it)

2 hours ago, ricgem2002 said:

Take a look here for stagecoach drivers https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/18525140.cant-make-passengers-wear-masks-buses-says-stagecoach/

The driver can’t enforce the ruling so what can he do about it ? What if the other passenger turned violent against you is that the drivers fault for letting him on (remember he can’t enforce it)

I'm shocked.  A face covering can be as simple as a scarf or an old t-shirt and some string.  Why would anyone who doesn't have a medical reason not to wear one not comply? 

I don't know what to suggest even.

1 hour ago, enntee said:

The driver can do what they do with other issues.

Refuse to move and radio for the police ... who can enforce it.

So stop the bus and radio for the police while other irate passengers who are going to be late for work will start kicking off 🙄

10 hours ago, enntee said:

The driver can do what they do with other issues.

Refuse to move and radio for the police ... who can enforce it.

So 300+ buses in all areas of South Yorkshire, all asking for police attendance. ....

12 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

A passenger on a train pulled the emergency stop cord on a train because someone got on without a mask, the gaurd was powerless regarding masks, told the person that pulled the cord that it wasnt an emergency, some people are daft. I guess they worry too much because of all the hype.

12 minutes ago, El Cid said:

A passenger on a train pulled the emergency stop cord on a train because someone got on without a mask, the gaurd was powerless regarding masks, told the person that pulled the cord that it wasnt an emergency, some people are daft. I guess they worry too much because of all the hype.

Hope they got fined 

My wife has seen a message on her First Bus app that states the social distancing rules are being changed on buses to reflect the new regulations. 

Presumably they now mean the 1m+ rule?  

On 29/06/2020 at 07:22, ricgem2002 said:

Hope they got fined 

They should, I agree

Refusing to wear a mask on public transport can attract a fine of up to ÂŁ100.