Distancing On Buses

47 minutes ago, Rollypolly said:

People with asthma, COPD etc shouldn't wear masks. I haven't been on a bus yet and probably won't for some time as my husband is sheilding. When we do he said he'll wear a mask anyway because people will wonder why if he doesn't. It's a shame there isn't a card available to prove that you're exempt from wearing a mask.

Yes, if it's official advice, then perhaps a lanyard would be a good idea 

So many are breaking the law due to not wearing face masks ...on the 56 in nether edge everyone wears them, tho  get into town and the Wybourn folk get on not one has them on ... unbelievable how ignorant some folk are.  S

On the tram one guy told the female super tram conductor he wasn't going to wear one , And gave a crazy unintelligible explanation why he wouldn't 

I can understand some bus drivers may want an easier time at work, and may not want to police folk not wearing face masks . As for the super tram,  how  are they allowed to use conductors  during this crisis . It's clearly evident They are breaking their own 2 metre rule by collecting tickets . (??)

It's quite scary as one of their conductors is currently in a critical condition due to covid 19 .  Hope he gets well asap

Edited by Velo77

My wife has been using buses throughout the lockdown period but she said she'd noticed that since passengers were required to wear face coverings, the number of bus drivers who had been wearing both face masks & gloves, seems to have reduced to the point where hardly any of them are now bothering?

10 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

My wife has been using buses throughout the lockdown period but she said she'd noticed that since passengers were required to wear face coverings, the number of bus drivers who had been wearing both face masks & gloves, seems to have reduced to the point where hardly any of them are now bothering?

As I understand the advice to drivers, it was felt that the 'attack protection' screens and the limited cash handling measures were sufficient, but obviously they had/have a choice.

Guest busdriver1

If anyone feels the need to use public transport without a mask or social distancing just use TM travel. They are enforcing neither. 

No advise notices no suggestions from drivers, no assault screens.  Just a free for all. 

Very retro.

Edited by busdriver1

5 minutes ago, busdriver1 said:

If anyone feels the need to use public transport without a mask or social distancing just use TM travel. They are enforcing neither. 

No advise notices no suggestions from drivers, no assault screens.  Just a free for all. 

Very retro.

Are the drivers unionised?

Guest busdriver1
2 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

Are the drivers unionised?

A few I believe

Just now, busdriver1 said:

A few I believe

If they feel it’s unsafe they should lodge a complaint and try and get it sorted and safe for everyone.

Guest busdriver1
1 minute ago, Arnold_Lane said:

If they feel it’s unsafe they should lodge a complaint and try and get it sorted and safe for everyone.

The impression I get is that they dont care or understand. Also its not a real union, I believe its T&G or whatever name they are going by this week. Just a heads up to potential passengers more then anything.

Edited by busdriver1

21 minutes ago, busdriver1 said:

The impression I get is that they dont care or understand. Also its not a real union, I believe its T&G or whatever name they are going by this week. Just a heads up to potential passengers more then anything.

T&G is part of Unite now which does have clout.

Good luck to those concerned.

Guest busdriver1
6 hours ago, Arnold_Lane said:

T&G is part of Unite now which does have clout.

Good luck to those concerned.

Unite is one of the unions I see as a comedy union with outdated views and aspirations above their station.

Being completely honest if the staff are daft enough to drive them like that and play their part in not enforcing social distancing . . . . . . . . .

To be fair, you are not allowed to sit behind the driver but are welcome to contaminate other passengers.