Villa vs SUFC

Firstly, in their precarious position, you can't blame the Villa keeper or the Villa player that bundled him & the ball into the net for not doing the decent thing & owning up, even though the tv clearly picked it up that it was a clear goal.  We're not even talking millimetres here. 

While the supposedly 'pre-match checked & working' , Hawk-eye was unable to pick up the goal with none of its 7 cameras to alert the referee & nobody at VAR Central at Stockley Park, appears to have been doing what they're paid to do, watch the match, the incident was in the 41st min & therefore, surely someone at half time could have asked the referee to have a look at the tv replay we all saw at home & he could have had a good 15 mins to consult the rules, the authorities & both managers & come up with a suitable solution? 

Ideally, start the second half with a walk-in goal for the Blades. 

Edited by Baron99

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Firstly, in their precarious position, you can't blame the Villa keeper or the Villa player that bundled him & the ball into the net for not doing the decent thing & owning up, even though the tv clearly picked it up that it was a clear goal.  We're not even talking millimetres here. 

While the supposedly 'pre-match checked & working' , Hawk-eye was unable to pick up the goal with none of its 7 cameras to alert the referee & nobody at VAR Central at Stockley Park, appears to have been doing what they're paid to do, watch the match, the incident was in the 41st min & therefore, surely someone at half time could have asked the referee to have a look at the tv replay we all saw at home & he could have had a good 15 mins to consult the rules, the authorities & both managers & come up with a suitable solution? 

Ideally, start the second half with a walk-in goal for the Blades. 

No I don't blame the villa keeper not admitting it, no keeper would however it would be interesting if the ref had let them know at half time that it should of stood wether they would of let you do that after the fuss they kicked up last season against Leeds, my guess they wouldn't of let you.

Nothing from the Premier League.  They're not fit for purpose.

So the 'error' in the goaline technology which denied the Blades a perfectly acceptable goal, (it's good to see that there are no doubting parties in this matter), will be reviewed by Premier League referees. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53096686

The VAR didn't intervene because of 'UNIQUE' circumstances.  Hmmmm? 

Yes, let's get it all sorted out just in case the same thing happens to Man U, Liverpool, Man C, etc, so that we know the correct future procedure is to award a walk-in goal. 

All this technology was brought in to aid officials in making correct decisions, not to negate their responsibilities, as highlighted by Mark Clattenburg, who went on to apportion further blame for the failing to the video assistant referee system.

"I automatically I expected the video assistant referee to come in," he sai

"He's probably thought: 'We have the technology in place. Why do we need to make a decision?' and that is the fundamental flaw. Technology is there to help, it is not there to make the final decision." 

Edited by Baron99

Where is the footage of the goal/non goal from Hawkeye, has anyone seen it?!

I do you get the impression that if I supported Liverpool, Man U, etc, I wouldn't be moaning about a clear injustice on here.  Everything would have been resolved by 7:45 on Thursday night & have been at home happy. 

Edited by Baron99

6 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Thanks for that Jim, already seen it, but that was better..

Strangely enough it's incidents like this, red cards, offsides, etc that actually make football the great game that it is..

There is always something to discuss, sometimes for weeks afterwards.. if the goal had been awarded, Villa may have upped their game, thrown caution to the wind and gone on to win it, who knows.. **** happens.. now for Newcastle..

Not to beat this thing to death but the official apology statement by Hawkeye stated that 7 cameras were significantly occluded by goalkeeper, defender and goalpost.    As the goalposts are fixed they must permanently occlude some of the cameras mentioned making those cameras always useless.  In my opinion Hawkeye failed to perform it's defined purpose.

Where was the linesman when this was happening?

3 hours ago, St Petre said:

Where was the linesman when this was happening?

Taking comfort that he doesn't have to make a decision, same as the ref.

How many more changes to the game are they going to make before they drive the fans away.  I am certainly nearing the end of my tether.