Villa vs SUFC

This could cost the club millions. Sorry Hawkeye your apology is not good enough, where was your backup, is what I would be asking them and taking it from there. Blades you were robbed. 

Wasn't even close. Embarrassing for the Premier league but depressing for the Blades

1 hour ago, ALAN 58 said:

This could cost the club millions. Sorry Hawkeye your apology is not good enough, where was your backup, is what I would be asking them and taking it from there. Blades you were robbed. 

The backup was VAR surely? I can't believe they didn't even pull it up, it's not like it was a marginal decision.  I think this is the first issue I've heard of regarding Hawkeye so I wouldn't be too hard on them, yet again VAR doesn't do what it was brought in to do.

1 hour ago, NERVY-OWL said:

The backup was VAR surely? I can't believe they didn't even pull it up, it's not like it was a marginal decision.  I think this is the first issue I've heard of regarding Hawkeye so I wouldn't be too hard on them, yet again VAR doesn't do what it was brought in to do.

Big tug on the Villa lads shirt in the box as well that VAR missed,as did most of their players,had there been fans in the ground the players would have appealed and it would have been reviewed,little doubt it was a penalty as hes impeeded the villa player.

Poor game,one side set up not to lose,the other didnt have enough quality to win,both sides looked knackered after 70 minutes and it opened up a touch,english players dont seem to like summer football,saps energy quicker and the grounds a lot firmer,you need to play expansive football in the sun,which leaves huge gaps,otherwise you tire quickly,whole new experience for a lot of english based players

If VAR isn't for this kind of total **** up.... then what IS it for? Anyone would think there might be a conspiracy.... oh hang on....

Wilder was 100% spot on with his comments, wait and wait and wait, study, review, wait, study,....  at Spurs for over 4 mins to find a toe offside, yet the goalie clearly stood in in his in-goal area with the ball wedged BEHIND the post and not a peep.  Pathetic, cheating...

Didn't Villa get a "walk-in" goal last season? hmmmm.

Richard

how come they didn't use VAR, genuine goal,but typical Sheffield football luck

Think blades should appeal against this,  this was an injustice to both clubs, it was in effect a game in hand, just imagine if this was the end of season game, Villa need 3pts to stay up & blades 3pts to go top 5. No technology, or no technology working properly (admitted by Hawkeye),  so no goal, so all the other first round games this week should have had Hawkeye turned off tbf. Ive been saying since technology was introduced there could be trouble one day. 

If this had been a major final,champions league,  world cup etc there would have been an outcry,  imagine the top clubs with billionaire owners?, they would take it to the courts, appeals, counter appeals etc. Both clubs should demand a replay, if blades on tye field lose fair enough, but not like this

4 hours ago, Vasquez Rich said:

If VAR isn't for this kind of total **** up.... then what IS it for? Anyone would think there might be a conspiracy.... oh hang on....

Wilder was 100% spot on with his comments, wait and wait and wait, study, review, wait, study,....  at Spurs for over 4 mins to find a toe offside, yet the goalie clearly stood in in his in-goal area with the ball wedged BEHIND the post and not a peep.  Pathetic, cheating...

Didn't Villa get a "walk-in" goal last season? hmmmm.

Richard

I get what your saying but this wasn't a blatant offside or something like that. There is a separate system to see if the goal is over the line, the ref had no reason to think it was over the line other than on what the players were saying but we all know players can't be trusted when making claims one way or the other and you can't blame the villa players for not coming clean.

I can't see the fa doing much about it now though.

34 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

I get what your saying but this wasn't a blatant offside or something like that. There is a separate system to see if the goal is over the line, the ref had no reason to think it was over the line other than on what the players were saying but we all know players can't be trusted when making claims one way or the other and you can't blame the villa players for not coming clean.

I can't see the fa doing much about it now though.

So the "Video Assistant Referee" can't assist the Referee in the case of a goal being scored, obvious to anyone watching the screen (as the VAR men do) and the ref not seeing it?

Pathetic, if that is the case.

6 hours ago, pintor said:

Think blades should appeal against this,  this was an injustice to both clubs, it was in effect a game in hand, just imagine if this was the end of season game, Villa need 3pts to stay up & blades 3pts to go top 5. No technology, or no technology working properly (admitted by Hawkeye),  so no goal, so all the other first round games this week should have had Hawkeye turned off tbf. Ive been saying since technology was introduced there could be trouble one day. 

If this had been a major final,champions league,  world cup etc there would have been an outcry,  imagine the top clubs with billionaire owners?, they would take it to the courts, appeals, counter appeals etc. Both clubs should demand a replay, if blades on tye field lose fair enough, but not like this

Where's Mr McCabe when you need him?

3 hours ago, Vasquez Rich said:

So the "Video Assistant Referee" can't assist the Referee in the case of a goal being scored, obvious to anyone watching the screen (as the VAR men do) and the ref not seeing it?

Pathetic, if that is the case.

I've said VAR should of stepped in, the commentators and ex pros at half time said it aswell. All I'm saying is the ref has Hawkeye to notify him it's crossed the line, if it doesn't alert him then he has no reason to question it no matter what the players around him say. 

We all can see a mistake was made but to put it on the ref isn't fair, VAR as usual should be saying why they didn't intervene, they're quick enough if someone's toe nail is offside after all.

It was a poor game we didn't deserve to win but what is the point in VAR if it doesn't intervene in situations like this one ? It costs the clubs 20 odd grand a game by the way for the "privilege " of having it.