Villa vs SUFC

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the situation.  

With the return of PL football, I thought it was announced weeks ago that all remaining games were going to be free to air, which would have been the right (and safest) thing to ensure, given the current situation.

Sadly, it seems that this is now not going to be the case.  Are fans now forced to buy a costly SkySports subscription if they want to watch all  the remaining games from the safety of their homes? Being a Virgin Media customer, I absolutely resent having to pay an extra £7 on top of the charges, just to get SkySports in HD!  I don't think we can even get it in Ultra HD!  If I don't pay the extra £7 it looks absolutely garbage on my TV.  HD at least should be an expected standard.  

11 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the situation.  

With the return of PL football, I thought it was announced weeks ago that all remaining games were going to be free to air, which would have been the right (and safest) thing to ensure, given the current situation.

Sadly, it seems that this is now not going to be the case.  Are fans now forced to buy a costly SkySports subscription if they want to watch all  the remaining games from the safety of their homes? Being a Virgin Media customer, I absolutely resent having to pay an extra £7 on top of the charges, just to get SkySports in HD!  I don't think we can even get it in Ultra HD!  If I don't pay the extra £7 it looks absolutely garbage on my TV.  HD at least should be an expected standard.  

Think yourself lucky that you can watch quite a few free of charge, whilst we Sky subscribers are paying up front for ours

7 hours ago, pintor said:

Think yourself lucky that you can watch quite a few free of charge, whilst we Sky subscribers are paying up front for ours

Thanks Goose and Pintor.

So, do I have to get a paid subscription for Sky Sports if I want to see all of SUFC's remaining games?

2 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

Thanks Goose and Pintor.

So, do I have to get a paid subscription for Sky Sports if I want to see all of SUFC's remaining games?

Yes it would be needed to see all games, but look up the 

Live football on tv,  site and this will give you all the matches in the coming weeks

14 hours ago, pintor said:

Yes it would be needed to see all games, but look up the 

Live football on tv,  site and this will give you all the matches in the coming weeks

Thank you.👍

If you are a season ticket holder, the club (SUFC) have paid Sky Sports for 2 day passes for everyone.  You will get them via email and you get two code numbers, each one will give you 24 hours access to Sky Sports on the Now TV app.  So you get to watch two games of your choice. 

It's not going to be the same is it, although I welcome the restart, and I will be tuned in to RS commentary's.

I can actually feel the atmosphere in my lounge, but with no crowd , no atmosphere..

Have to see how it goes, will I still leap up and down when the Blades score, I wonder ?

22 hours ago, Grappler said:

If you are a season ticket holder, the club (SUFC) have paid Sky Sports for 2 day passes for everyone.  You will get them via email and you get two code numbers, each one will give you 24 hours access to Sky Sports on the Now TV app.  So you get to watch two games of your choice. 

Yes, great one SUFC!  Announcing this when everyone has already wasted £60+ on Sky!

Thanks for nothing 

Grealish was a different class! Felt sorry for Sander Berg, totally out of his depth. Shouldn’t have been on the same pitch.

See the person who was supposed to be handling the goal line technology was still furloughed tonight? 

I see the operators of 'Hawkeye' are offering apologies to SUFC for missing our goal. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53086360

Apparently its the first time they've made such a mistake in over 9,000 games.  Well that's all ok then?  End of matter?

Tell that to all the Blades fans looking forward to potentially playing in Europe & all the fans of the teams down at the bottom of the Premiership, fighting relegation, who have seen Villa get a point.