World's Largest Container Ship Arrives In Uk From China.

These vessels always interest me-the massive amount of goods that they transport.

The HMM Algesciras is 400m long and over  60m  wide. One shipping container is quite large. In the photos they look like match boxes. The ship is delivering a variety of goods at DP World London Gateway in Thurrock, and has already called at

S Korea, the Netherlands, Germany and Belgium.

The vessel is due to leave Britain on Monday taking UK goods back to China via Singapore.

It would be interesting to know what those goods are. The UK needs those exports more than ever.

https://www.essexlive.news/news/essex-news/gallery/hmm-algesciras-moment-worlds-largest-4224847

20 minutes ago, Janus said:

These vessels always interest me-the massive amount of goods that they transport.

The HMM Algesciras is 400m long and over  60m  wide. One shipping container is quite large. In the photos they look like match boxes. The ship is delivering a variety of goods at DP World London Gateway in Thurrock, and has already called at

S Korea, the Netherlands, Germany and Belgium.

The vessel is due to leave Britain on Monday taking UK goods back to China via Singapore.

It would be interesting to know what those goods are. The UK needs those exports more than ever.

https://www.essexlive.news/news/essex-news/gallery/hmm-algesciras-moment-worlds-largest-4224847

When I used to work out of Felixstowe docks it was impressive to watch these ships come in especially what they used to call the Christmas ships 

It's a beast can carry twenty four thousand, forty foot containers

39 minutes ago, melthebell said:

probably wish items lol

I hope so, the ring I ordered in December might be on it 😂.

My curiosity is the return journey. I'm pondering what the Chinese could want/need from the UK. They make just about everything.

I think Scotch whisky will be in one or two of them containers when it leaves the UK. You could fit a lot of bottles in a container.  Also  engineering equipement. Maybe more plastic injection moulding set-ups for making stuff for our pound shops. :)

2 years ago the UK exported over 2 billion pounds worth of good to China according to this link.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-7379/

We send, or sent, quite alot of cars but I think they went from portsmouth/Southampton.

53 minutes ago, Janus said:

My curiosity is the return journey. I'm pondering what the Chinese could want/need from the UK. They make just about everything.

I think Scotch whisky will be in one or two of them containers when it leaves the UK. You could fit a lot of bottles in a container.  Also  engineering equipement. Maybe more plastic injection moulding set-ups for making stuff for our pound shops. :)

2 years ago the UK exported over 2 billion pounds worth of good to China according to this link.

The Chinese used to buy tons and tons of cloth ,cardboard,old plastic windows frames ,new cars especially jaguar cars to name a few things that used to be exported regular 

If you google the ship, you will find that it has a two stroke engine!  Mind you, it weighs 2,230 tonnes on its own. So not a BSA Bantam.....

On 15/06/2020 at 12:14, Janus said:

More than likely will be rubbish; literally.  Lots of used items of PPE, that originated from China.  The madness continues.  No wonder China is laughing.  They sell the cheap stuff to us and then we pay them to take it back.

Edited by Lex Luthor