Sign in to follow this  

Interpreting This On Ebay?

Message from ebay:
"Yes, you read that correctly. Enjoy making more money when you sell with max £1 selling fees on up to 300 listings. Ends 21 June"

I took this to mean that for every item you sell, you pay £1 for each item. So if you list and sell 300 items, you pay £300. 

I also assume the date of 21st June is a list by date, not a sell it by date.

Correct in both cases, @Janus. Although, read the T&C's

Edited by RollingJ

But you'll still have to pay the final valuation fee....or at least I did

21 minutes ago, Janus said:

Message from ebay:
"Yes, you read that correctly. Enjoy making more money when you sell with max £1 selling fees on up to 300 listings. Ends 21 June"

I took this to mean that for every item you sell, you pay £1 for each item. So if you list and sell 300 items, you pay £300. 

I also assume the date of 21st June is a list by date, not a sell it by date.

It's the final valuation fee, per item, will (still be) 10%, but capped at a max of £1.

Should be free to list (probably up to 1000 items per month).

I've just activated the offer myself, think it's a 10 day duration.

Just be careful, if you have items listed in the buy it now format; after 30 days they auto re-list, but the max £1 final valuation fee doesn't apply once re-listed (in this case, I remove and re-list when the offer is active again, eBay possibly won't like that).

15 hours ago, Pyrotequila said:

But you'll still have to pay the final valuation fee....or at least I did

The £1 selling fee is the final value fee. If you opted for the £1 fv fee and still had to pay more than a pound, maybe your item was not in the included catagory?

If someone is listing items that potentially sell at around £5 then the £1 offer is of no use to them. 

If someone is listing a mixture of items-with a selling price of £5 and  £25  respectively , I suppose it  can get a bit tedius. 

I have never felt eBay keep things straight forward. If you are away from the selling side for a year or two, it can take a bit of time to get familiar with the changes. 

Edited by Janus

On 14/06/2020 at 12:01, Janus said:

If someone is listing a mixture of items-with a selling price of £5 and  £25  respectively , I suppose it  can get a bit tedius.

Not really. It's simple to activate the offer, and there are no real downsides to it.

Sell an item for £5, fv is 50p (with or without the offer activated).

Sell an item for £50, fv is £1 with the offer activated, or £5 without the offer.

@Waldo

Are you saying that once the offer is activited, let's say for the £50 items, then it can turned off while you list the 50p items?

Basically on and off at will depending on estimated FVF.

Edited by Janus

19 minutes ago, Janus said:

@Waldo

Are you saying that once the offer is activited, let's say for the £50 items, then it can turned off while you list the 50p items?

Basically on and off at will depending on estimated FVF.

No, @Janus, he is saying that an item at £50 will attract a £1 fee, but a £5 one will attract 50p - in other words, it's a good time to sell higher value items.

In other words - 10% on items up to £0.99, and a max of £1.00 thereafter.

Edited by RollingJ
Added clarification

This is the same as I have said at post 7.

It is a choice of one or the other if you cannot toddle between the two..  If a person lists both low and high value items in the same day.

Just now, Janus said:

This is the same as I have said at post 7.

It is a choice of one or the other if you cannot toddle between the two..  If a person lists both low and high value items in the same day.

No - it is Final value per individual listing.