John Ward houses?

Anyone  know the stone terraced houses on John Ward houses  off of  furnace  lane woodhouse mill 

i knew the area 50+ years ago. My sister in law lived Junction Road, and mother in law worked at the Co op down Furnace  Lane. I knew Max at the newsagents also. We got car parts from scrappers on Soaphouse Lane.

many thanks HIBBSY

my grandad joined the Coldstream guards in 1904  never new him but John Ward Street  was given has his home address his father owned a few houses on the same street and the small fish and chip shop further down  Furnace lane 

Hibbsy

I went to Woodhouse Grammar School 1951 - 1957 so many times up and down Furnace Lane on my way home to Swallownest.

I remember the Co-op and the newsagents. Another I knew lived on one of the streets off Furnace Lane was called Cyril Renwick his daughter had a ladies hairdressers shop somewhere there

I think the scrap yard on Soaphouse Lane would be that of Arnold Taylor, friend of my fathers in those days, at the top of the lane was the tripe factory etc managed by a Mr Garlick and his wife Alice 

mmm old memories of course

This is one of those its a small world tales but may be of interest.  I lived at Woodhouse and Swallownest before emigrating to Canada in 1980.

Some years ago I met a guy on a golf course over here, whose aunt and family had lived many years, in the house next to the Post Office at the bottom of Furnace Lane. Family members worked at the scythe works.

Does anyone remember Dickie Lee who was a Mill character in the 60's/70's era.

thanks for the reply glitterballs  looking through  the family history we know my great grandfather died in 1938  his name was Robert Haywood